4 - TV vs Radio

•Y/N POV•

It had been a day, and the panic of 6 months till the next extermination was finally settling into Charlie's mind as she was clearly panicking. I went to walk into the main hall when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned, seeing Alastor behind me.

I blinked, then smiled and waved. "Oh hey Alastor, what's up?"

Alastor was wiping his hand. "I was just about to have some morning coffee out on the lower balcony, care to join me?"

I nodded a bit. "Oh sure!" I beamed. "I don't have any coffee, let me just grab some..."

Alastor shook his head. "Nonsense!" He snapped his fingers, a mug appearing in his hands. "Any sugar? Cream?"

I nod. "Lots of both, please, it's the only way I can stand coffee..."

He hummed lowly, then handed me the mug. "Follow me..." he said, starting to walk away.

I took the mug and followed him, looking down. "Thank you..." I said as I saw my light brown coffee. I then looked back up and stepped outside with him. I watched him sit on one side of the table and I sat on the other, looking out over Hell.

Alastor snapped his fingers, giving himself a black coffee, sipping some. "Mmm, nothing like the taste of a good black coffee while looking over the pitiful city of Hell. How relaxing!"

I sipped some of mine, shrugging. "It's just a lot of red, a lot of chaos and burning... not the greatest view, but the one we have nonetheless..."

Alastor tilted his head at me, then just looked out over Hell, his usual closed smile plastered on his face.

I looked over him, then down at his mug, giggling a bit.

He looked over at me. "Is something funny?"

I shook my head. "No sorry, I saw your mug, it's cute..." I pointed to it. It was a light red mug that said 'Oh Deer!' on it.

Alastor hummed, smiling with his teeth now. "A good deer pun never hurt anyone~" he said, sipping some more of his coffee. "So! What brought you to this hotel?" He narrowed his eyes a bit.

I shrugged. "Well, I was living with my now ex boyfriend... he was abusive, and I was only with him because he let me stay at his house rent free..." I started. "I don't have a job, almost all jobs down here require selling your soul to some powerful Overlord, and I refuse to do that, I want to be free..."

Alastor nods, listening. "I see... so you're here for the same reason as that stripper? Free housing?"

I sigh. "I suppose so, but being redeemed doesn't sound too bad either..." I said. "I'll be honest, like most sinners, I hate it down here. If there's even a slight chance I could make it up to Heaven, I'll take it..." I smiled a bit, then looked up at Alastor.

He chuckled. "Oh-ho! Sounds like a plan doomed to fail, but I'll be happy to watch you try." He said, leaning back in his chair.

I rolled my eyes, taking a big gulp of my coffee. "Oh I know you don't care about if we make it out or not. But whatever you're here for, I don't really care. We all have our own shit going on, I won't pry on your business..."

Alastor blinked, eyes wide. "I suppose you're right..." was all he said, looking back out over hell, sipping his coffee.

•ALASTOR'S POV•

I kept my smile, raising a brow as I looked over the pathetic city in the distance.

What was their deal? Still sounding and being so respectful to an Overlord like me?? Are they serious?