"The night we found out Alice was our mate. I didn't lose control as much as I did with Hannah," I confess.

Eden takes a deep breath. "I also noticed my pull toward Poppy is stronger than it was with Alice's wolf, and the time spent knowing we were mated to either one of them isn't that much, but I can still tell the difference."

"Hmm... I wonder why," I mull over the mystery.

"I don't know, but probably we will find out with time," Eden concludes.

"Yeah," I agree and cut off our connection, noticing the clerk's mouth moving.

"I'm so sorry, sir," the clerk apologizes as I pull my focus back to the present.

"Pack the dress and bring it out front," I instruct the clerk before walking back into the fitting room.

I find Hannah changed back into the dress I almost ripped off her body when I wanted to fuck her this morning.

"Is everything alright?" she asks, her lashes still wet from the tears she shed from taking me hard in her mouth. Her voice sounds hoarse, and my heart clenches in my chest, but I push aside the feeling.

Without a word, I grab her hand and drag her out of the fitting room and out of the store. I open the car door and gesture for her to get in while I walk back to collect the dress. Once I have it, I return to the car, ready to head home and hoping to end the day without any more surprises.

***

HANNAH

As we drive back to the pack house, I start feeling a little sleepy and decide to close my eyes for a bit. When I open them again, I find myself in a dimly lit room, illuminated by the soft glow of moonlight filtering in through the curtains. The room has simple décor and doesn't carry anyone's scent, so I assume it's a guest room. I pull the covers back and drop my feet onto the plush carpet beside the bed, feeling its comforting softness underfoot. I scan the room for any sign of Alex, but he's nowhere to be found. I notice a shopping bag on the side table and a note beside it. I pick up the note to read it.

The note says, "Here is the dress you are supposed to wear. Try it now and let me know if we need to make adjustments to it."

I look into the bag and find a silver and white gown. Following the note's instructions, I try it on. To my surprise, it fits perfectly and, in my opinion, looks fabulous on me. As I stand by the mirror admiring myself, my mind suddenly drifts to what happened earlier in the fitting room with Alex. Did he come to realize I wasn't responsible for what happened with the dress? And if he did, why didn't he apologize for accusing me of trying to seduce him in the store?