Dream

Atlas walked back to his temporary home, holding two broken pieces of a mask.

The remains of Harmonia, what was left of them. She had told him to name them before she left.

He hung them on the wall, next to two guitars, one blue, one yellow.

The name; 'C. Hudson' engraved on the side of the yellow one.

He didn't remember who that was.

He averted his gaze to the two halves of the masks, as their features, grotesque and unidentifiable, changed and morphed in front of Atlas's eyes.

It wondered why something so holy and pure could leave such undesirable remains.

Their voices rang in Atlas's head.

"Endlessly, Helplessly, Ceaselessly, Callously..."

"Slow. Old. Sick. Cold...."

Over and over. They sounded strangely familiar. Atlas already despised them. What a horrible existence to live in. Who would want to repeat this?

The one on the left twisted it's facial features again, giving Atlas a sick twisted grin. Atlas tried to fight the urge to slap it off the wall. Oh, how hideous these miserable beings were. He would have burnt them already if not for the fact they belonged to Harmonia.

Harmonia...

That lovely moment of peace and tranquillity. The one time Atlas felt himself was when he was with her, hugging him tightly as all his problems melted away. He felt safe then. Maybe he could recreate that beautiful feeling with the masks.

The one on the left morphed into a deer, its sadistic grin still plastered on the face of the mask. 

Atlas called that one Artemis.

The one on the right malformed into a crow, though there was still only half of it, making the crow look grotesque and uncanny. 

Atlas called him Apollo.

He said these names aloud, and suddenly the entire house shuddered. Atlas stepped back, instantly grabbing his spear. He watched as the spear gained two more tines, looking like a trident. Atlas hardly noticed, pointing it at the halves, which were levitating from their hooks, a dark shadow looming under them. Atlas watched in horror as the silhouette turned into a human figure, despite the masks staying the same shape. 

The voices grew louder, and louder, ringing in Soul's ears.

The silhouettes slowly arose from the floor, mutated dark hands grabbing at their respective masks, and putting them on to their blank face. As soon as they did, their once plain face turned into one akin to Harmonia. The one he named Artemis had cloudy grey eyes, and wings formed on their back. The one he named Apollo seemed taller, and almost intimidating, with its intense stare. Lipstick traced their lips, Artemis with purple, Apollo with blue. He stared at them, trident still raised, a thought tugging at his head, but he couldn't put a finger on it.

A distant bell chime. Three times. Atlas looked outside, to the dirt outside his temporary house, where hands formed flowers, eternally doomed to claw from the dirt. The sun was a clock, where the bells chimes had come from, though he didn't know how he knew that. It was 3 o'clock. Atlas wasn't sure if it was PM or AM. None other form of time worked. All the mirrors in the house showed horrifying imagery of Atlas, though he knew he didn't look like that. Nothing made sense, Atlas realised. It was all so random and illogical. He felt so lucid and improper. Almost like a-

CRASH.

He watched as the clock fell from the sky, crashing down somewhere beyond the horizon. The sky was falling apart, leaving a black abyss of nothing behind.