The Juno Incident

this is literally RoE but I wrote it, I don't know what to tell you

oh ya also like there's gunshots, written descriptions of gore, self hatred(?) but most of y'all probably already know that.

Heart was walking out of a forest, with a shovel and a bunch of dirt on his clothes.

"Why does digging always have to be so tiring?" He mumbled to himself. 

He heard a chuckle coming from behind him, he groaned in realisation.

"What do you want, Mind." He grumbled, not looking at him.

"Nothing." Mind smirked.

"Just wondering when... you'll make your decision."

"No, Mind." Heart turned around and faced him.

"Is it so bad I want to do my own stuff, as my own person?" Heart asked.

 Mind sighed, "Heart, we've talked about this before. You know Whole only gets worse the longer we are split-" 

"Yes Mind I know!" Heart hissed.

"And I care about Whole! I really do! It's just- I- don't you like this freedom?" Heart waved his arms around. 

"I'm not a spectator anymore! I can do- I can do literally whatever and I don't have Whole restricting me! And- and I know it isn't his fault at all but..." he turned  and looked up at the sky in admiration.

"Who knows whenever we can feel so... alive again?" Heart whispered.

Mind sighed and leaned onto a tree.

"You only think about yourself, don't you?" 

"Wh- what do you mean." Heart immediately grew defensive.

"I mean, you don't care about Whole, or any of us. You say you do, but you don't. You are abandoning your role and using this incident for your own selfish needs." Mind replied.

Heart turned to look at him again, "No I-"

"If you keep on doing this we might never be Whole again! What don't you understand? We could be in serious trouble if that happens Heart- we could die!" Mind continued, sounding a little urgent.

"Look, Mind we don't know for certain this will happen, I mean, we've never tried! But all I want is to live like my own person for just a bit longer! Is that really too much to ask?"

"Yes Heart, it is. Because you clearly don't have the common sense or moral decency to understand how bad this is. We don't know what will happen, so logically, it's best to stay safe and become one as soon as possible."

"My common sense and decency is fine, thank you very much!" Heart curled up his fist.

"And besides, you're acting like you know everything! You just admitted that you don't know what would happen so why not see what would!" Heart suggested.

"Are you insane? Are you hearing yourself right now? Are you physically incapable to see how idiotic that is? Oh but of course, you're the Heart, in what universe could you possibly make a fragment of a useful thought? Half the reason we should be one again! So you can focus on your feeble job and I can focus on mine!" Mind shut him down quickly.

"Being the Heart isn't a feeble job!" Heart yelled.

"You think that you are so good at what you do! You have no idea how hard it is being the Heart and you could never possibly carry all that responsibility!" He stared right into Mind's eyes, his face looked emotionless, cold. Just like he was.