chapter 8

IZZY POV

-----------------------------------------------

Adam goes silent for a minute and I start to get worried.

"Adam? hello? are you still there?"

"yes I'm still here."

"well? what did you find?"

"Izzy, Lisa did it. Lisa killed Liam." I scream. I stop walking. my heart starts to get heavy..I feel like I can't breathe. my mind starts racing. it can't be possible. it can't be.... she was so devastated by his death and when she got arrested the first time, there was another murder while she was locked up. it's not possible. it's not.

"you're lying to me. it's not possible. you're lying. no no no no no no no" I start crying. I s

"Izzy, I'm telling you the truth. I know she's your best friend but you have to listen to me. I need you to get home. I'm going to the police. go home please"

"i-ok I will I'm going now." I start heading home with tears clouding my vision. I finally make it home and I lay on my bed. all the emotions are coming at once. I spend the next few days in my room. not coming out once. my mom comes in multiple times asking if I want something to eat. I say no every time.

I shut my phone off. it's on my dresser and I haven't touched it once. after a week of isolating myself I finally get the strength to get out of bed. I've cried so much this last week. I never thought Lisa was the type to murder someone. I've known her since practically birth. I turn my phone back on and I have a few missed calls from adam. I call him back.

"hey Izzy how are you feeling?"

"like shit but what can I do?"

"well Lisa's trial is this week if you want to come. ofc you don't have to."

"no I'll go. what day?"

"it's in 2 days"

"ok I'll be there..I'll talk to you later" I hang up the phone.

the day of the trial comes and me and my mom get ready to go. once we get there we sit down on one of the benches and wait for it to start.

lisa is brought out in handcuffs. I can hardly look at her. and then the trial starts.

-----------------------------------------------

AUTHORS NOTE
the story is coming to an end. only 1 or 2 more chapters left!🩷🩵