Three

Ishan for starters did not, in his wildest dreams imagine he would get such a warm reception in India. He knew his books did well here but to have so many readers attend in person, he was overwhelmed with emotions.

This was his third one in Mumbai and the last one in this state. He had another author join him. They hosted some fun games and gave away a few books.

It was all going well till a 6'0'' guy with dimples popped up. Ishan noticed him hanging in the back with another man and was relieved when Shubman didn't approach him while the selfie with the author or signing.

Maybe he'll leave without much ruckus or he was here for some other business.

Keithan and Sreeya didn't accompany him today. They went to the zoo with his brother and cousins and he was grateful for that. He didn't have to worry about an interaction. Thanu might ask Shubman to leave his dada alone at this point. It was made clear by the eight year old that he didn't like Shubman near his dada and didn't wanna see him again.

Luckily they didn't have to see him again and he was happy they were leaving the city soon.

But Ishan should have guessed, life was never easy to him.

Ishan parted ways with his team to join his family at the zoo. Call him paranoid but he felt like someone was following him. But he couldn't pin anyone in particular. Shubman being the one following did occur to him, but dismissed it thinking, he wouldn't go to such an extent to get hold of the people he left behind.

"Hey monster, having fun?"

"Dada", thanu came running to his father's hands and started going off about the animals he saw and how fun it was.

"Dada, we are going to watch the dolphins. I'm excited"

" You love dolphins, don't you?", Ishan let the kid go with his cousins. " I'll go grab some snacks and will join you guys soon"

He went to the nearby icecream stall and joined the small queue infront.

"Nice seeing you here".

Ishan did realise someone, coming to stand behind him and the presence felt familiar, way too familiar that he knew who it was even before he heard the voice. He closed his eyes and said a silent prayer before turning around, wishing it won't be the person he thought it was.

Again, luck was never on his side.

"What are you doing here Mr. Gill?"

"What do people come here for generally?", Shubman asked with an amused face which Ishan wanted very much to swipe off him.

"I'm not playing along. Spit it out, what do you want from me? So that we can stop meeting like this", Ishan said uninterested.

" What are you going on about? Can't I just visit the zoo? Do I need to check with your schedule now"

Ishan would have ignored his sarcastic ass if he didn't catch the fidgeting. Shubman couldn't stand still when he was stressed or anxious, it was an old habit of his and Ishan could sense something was wrong from a mile away. Ishan cursed himself for still remembering these subtle details about Shubman.

"Shubman, do you want me to beg you to leave me alone? Is that what you want? Do you want me to apologise for coming to India, to the city where you are living right now? Or moving on because you decided to pack up and leave me, us? Tell me, I'll do anything for you to leave me alone. Please".

" Why do you keep saying, I left you?", Shubman was calm, way too calm for his liking.

"What else am I supposed to say when that's what happened. Should I say, I who was in a medically induced coma left you and moved continents", he took a deep breath and continued. " And got married to my childhood friend within the period of six months?"