63 ~ The Bet

17+ Update

Suman POV

I rolled my eyes and walked away. Nandani was busy meeting guests and introducing Princess to them, and I excused myself to see if the lunch was ready.

I could not stop myself. I felt like this family was my family, even more now. And I had their responsibility.

At lunchtime, I asked the attendees to bring their lunch to the dining hall, where all the guests and families would have lunch together.

I was hesitant even to be present there. Everyone knew about him, and I now. I did not understand what they were thinking about us. I sighed deeply while walking through the empty hallway, fisting on my dupatta, and suddenly, he called me from behind.

"Suno,"

"Listen,"

I immediately turned to look at him. He was walking towards me while holding Princess in his arms. She fell asleep.

I gulped as he stood tall before me, patting her back gently, and I asked.

"Ji,"

He kissed Princess and muttered.

"She fell asleep. Bhabhisa asked if you could put her on the bed and look after her for some time," he said, and I nodded.

"Ji," I said and took Princess in my arms. She opened her eyes with laziness, and before she could start crying, I smiled, looking at her, and she recognised me. I gently patted her, and she fell asleep again, placing her head on my shoulder.

I lifted my gaze to look at Kunwarsa and asked.

"Bhojan nahi kiya aapne?"

"You did not eat?"

He smiled and shook his head slowly, and muttered.

"The elders are talking, and it's making me feel embarrassed," he muttered, and we both started walking together.

"But why?" I asked, and I looked at him, running his finger in his hair, and muttered.

"They are talking about our wedding,"

He said, and I gulped timidly and teased him a little.

"Now you understand what embarrassment means,"

He chuckled and suddenly held my bicep, and I stopped to look at him.

"Um, why do not you take Princess to my chamber? You need to take care of her; you can take care of her there, too, right?" he asked in a slow, childish voice, and I thinned my brows.

"But did not Nandani say to put her in the bed?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Yes, Bhabhisa did say to put her in the bed, but she did not mention whose bed it was. So, it could be our bed, too. Please," he muttered. I gulped nervously, thought for a moment, and then nodded.

"Alright," I muttered. I knew Nandani would not say anything unless Princess were safe.

We both walked to his chamber. As I stepped inside the bedroom, I looked at the new bed. The workers did some fast work here.

Stepping closer to the bed, I gently put her down and sat beside her. Kunwarsa pulled the comforter up and covered her.

She looked so beautiful in the sleep, and I gently caressed her head.

"She is such a joy to the family," I could not stop myself from saying, and he muttered, looking at me.

"Every girl is, Suman," he muttered. He gently lifted my hand off Princess's stomach and pulled me towards him. I inhaled deeply, walking on my knees, careful not to disturb Princess anyhow, and he collected me in his arms.