Chapter 5: The Japanese Catapults

While the Death Fiscalists' mains are busy taking out airport security inside Terminal 5, stationed both at the check-in counters and at the baggage carousels, Clavet realizes there is one significant limitation to this plan of using alcohol clouds to fake sandstorms.

"I just realized that the risk of hurting innocent people with alcohol clouds is perhaps greater than with using sandstorm spells because of intoxication, especially because, for some reason, giving some wind to an alcohol cloud makes it indiscriminate" a female rebel alcohol witch tells the other two alcohol wizards in Karine's player McMansion.

"Alcohol clouds should be reserved for when there are no civilians within the area affected; otherwise, cast a sandstorm spell if the circumstances call for faking sandstorms for us to sneak in" Clavet then draws her conclusion about the field use of cloud spells.

"Got it" the male alcohol wizard nods.

-------------------

Meanwhile, inside Terminal 5, the two tanks anticipate the Cyber-Tech Alligator, the second boss plaguing the airport, being a big DPS check, but the boss was apparently solo-tankable in brutal mode.

"Depending on how fast the venom stacks decay, I'd say our best DPS at tank mechanics taunts off whoever is going to tank it when it's time to swap. That said, this boss tends to favor ranged since you need to switch targets often and, the faster the adds die, the better" Karine has a discussion with Ram about how to approach the boss.

"You said it so yourself that DPS need to change targets often in brutal mode, and honestly, it's a multi-dotting kind of fight" Ram comments on the target switching.

-------------------

With that said, Karine logs Monseigneur off from the game and logs back in on Clavet, who's at her player home. While Karine is at the loading screen stage of getting Clavet ready to run the Cyber-Tech Alligator, the following scene is happening in her player home:

"I've been called up to fight Belzebuth at the airport, so take care" Clavet tells the other two rebel alcohol wizards.

"Hope you bring something nice from duty-free!" the female alcohol wizard formulates her wishes for Clavet.

However, seeing NPCs at her home that aren't on-call services seems to trigger a reaction in Karine as the two NPC Perserian rebel alcohol wizards are walking away from her McMansion. (MAA allows not only freedom to decorate player housing, it also allows freedom to build it, so long as they could afford it)

"What's going on here? My alcohol witch had guests come over at my home without my prior approval?" Karine is fuming at the presence of NPCs that weren't supposed to be there because they aren't on-call servants. "This game's world really has gone out of control!" she screams even when the NPCs leave.

-------------------

She promptly asks Ram to invite her alcohol witch to the party, and once that is done, Ram invites her to the party, all the while Kataparuto has already started pulling the boss, in its departures version. However, the Death Fiscalists are about to enter the baggage handling system by the carousel.

The first phase begins and... wow. They must wade through the innards of the baggage handling system, and, in the arrivals version of the fight, they need to destroy the container unloaders, while being chased around by baggage handlers. Which Ram takes care of, since the players must fan out to get to the container unloaders in time; otherwise, the boss will start hitting the players who couldn't destroy their assigned unloader in time.

And, of course, true to her multi-dotting form, Karine is the one who ends up casting DoTs on each container unloader (the alcohol cloud, and then the alcohol shooter, AoE and single-target respectively) while making sure that she aims the alcohol clouds for some baggage handlers to get hit if possible.