Chapter no 10

Depuis le début

Zaid sighed. He looked at them with a mixture of frustration and irritation.

Tum donon ke kabab mein zahar mila doonga main.

Zaid exclaimed, his irritation evident.

Here have it.

He passed them the plate.

Waise shibra kaisi hai Shahmeer?

Zaid asked looking at Shahmeer, the teasing lilt in his eyes didn't go unnoticed by both of them.

Zaid I'll murder you.

Shahmeer said, his eyes shining with irritation.

Do it I challenge you.

Zaid said locking eyes with Shaheer showing him a spatula.

Are hum toh dar gaye.

Shahmeer and Haya said in unison, their eyes wide in mock fear.

Taste karo kaisi hai?

Zaid asked, a flicker of nervousness evident in his eyes as he gave them a little kheer to taste and later platted the food.

Shahmeer and Haya closed their eyes, a barely audible sigh of contentment escaping them both however they decided to tease Zaid a little.

Ab agar saalon baad kuch banaoge toh aisa hi banega.

Haya said, displeasure flickering across her features.

Kya matlab?

Zaid asked, his heart dropped. A wave of anxiety washed over him.

They both enjoyed his expressions and Shahmeer added, his words caused a shiver of anxiety to race down Zaid,s spine

Acha nahin hai.

I knew it. Oh GOD. It has to be perfect. I knew it Kuch toh kami hai. Ek kaam karo jo bhi hai na perfect ker do.

Zaid said anxiously, his hand reached up and he caressed his forehead. His heart stuck in his throat. The worry in his eyes clear.

Shahmeer and Haya looked at each other, their surprise evident on their faces.

Are calm down Zaid/Zaid Bhai.

They both said in unison in an attempt to calm him.

Are aise kaise calm ho jaun main.

Zaid exclaimed, his eyes a mixture of frustration and anxiety as he looked at them, slapping a hand on his forehead.

Are it's yum. Very yum. Hum tumhein tease ker rahe thy bas.

They both exclaimed in unison. Zaid looked at them, a wave of relief washed over him but a flicker of anxiety still lingered in the depths of his eyes.

Main kaise maan loon?

Zaid asked, the flicker of anxiety evident in his tone.

Are bhaiya khud taste ker lijiye na.

Haya said in a matter of fact tone as she stepped forward and reached out to caress his arm.

Yeh sahi hai.

Zaid said nodding his head in positive and took a bite of kheer.

He glared at them. He turned to the servants and ordered, his voice cold

Serve these on the dining table.

Zaid looked at his dear cousins, his eyes clouded with irritation and he stepped towards them. They both stepped back.