#92 Gabriel Landeskog

"Light Em Up"- Fall Out Boy

******

"What the hell are you doing?!" (y/n)'s angry voice shrieks at me, and my jaw drops in shock.

"I didn't think you'd be home till Tuesday," I say weakly, getting of the girl and gesturing for her to leave. She flips her hair in annoyance and grabs her dress from the floor, pushing past (y/n), who shouts,

"You don't own him, filthy little b**ch!"

"It seems neither do you," the girl shoots back, and (y/n) is beyond furious.

"GET THE F**K OUT OF MY HOUSE BEFORE I KILL YOU!" The girl just puts her dress back on and slinks out the door as (y/n) faces me again. "So, Gabe, let's discuss this. I was supposed to be home Tuesday, so you think, 'Oh, since she's gone for work, I might as well have a little fun in between games.' Which brings you here. Care to explain why I'm not good enough for you?"

"You are, I just..." I begin, hoping she'll interrupt, but (y/n) stays silent. I bite my lip until she decides to talk.

"Just what?" She spits. "Just got bored? Needed fun, like, desperately? Forgot about me? I've had directed at me that one before." I shake my head, having no good answer. Tears come to her eyes as I whisper,

"I'm sorry."

"Too late for that, Gabe, I'm out," (y/n) says, breaking my heart. "You trust me to not sleep around with other guys when you're on road trips, so I should be able to trust you when I'm away. I guess I can't."

"No please, don't leave me!" I beg, giving her puppy dog eyes. She falters for a moment. Only a moment. I pout as she continues,

"Do you trust me?" I nod. "Then I'm afraid you have to stop, cause you're gonna see me with someone else the next time we cross paths." (y/n) bursts into tears at this and runs out the door as I reach for her. There are tears on my cheeks as I hear her car door slam and she speeds away.

"I can't..." I murmur, not even sure what I'm saying. "I'm sorry."

*3 Weeks Later*
"Dude, isn't that (y/n)?" Nathan mutters in my ear. He points across the bar to where Semyon is sitting, and I nod with a glare. I growl,

"Yeah, didn't you know they were dating?"

"Da-what?" Daniel chokes, and I nod.

"Yeah, Sem told me last week, he's like 'Oh guess who I'm dating your ex!' I've been pissed at him ever since," I explain, and the guys all say 'ohhhh'.

"So that's why you guys haven't been getting along..." Matt realizes, and Daniel adds,

"And why he's been overly happy lately." I nod again, then frown as Nathan tells me seriously,

"I think there's a problem here, Gabe. You and Sem were perfectly okay behavior wise before this little thing, but now he's too happy and you're a little grump. Big grump, actually." The guys laugh,

"Uh yeah!" Nathan continues,

"I'm not trying to be funny, love isn't a joke. Now shut up and let me talk to Mr. Broken-Hearted over here." He waits until they go quiet before saying, "You did make a huge mistake, but now is your chance to go apologize. See? Sem's probably getting her a drink or something." I shake my head.

"Are you kidding? We're done," I say softly, but Nathan pulls me out of my chair.

"Landy, talk to her now or forever hold your silence," he tells me, pushing me over to (y/n), who's currently alone.

"Um, hi," I say quietly. She turns around, shocked. "So, I, uh, how's it going?" Great start Gabe.

"Great, actually, Sem is good to me and--" she begins, but I cut her off,

"And I'm broken without you, (n/n), I need you!" She looks stunned that I remembered her nickname. "Things aren't the same without you, you gotta listen to me!" (y/n) sighs heavily.

"We'll talk outside." I grin to myself as we walk out of the bar and she leans on the wall, looking up at me. "So, Landy, why should I take you back?" I take a deep breath as I start,

"I never meant to hurt you, I didn't know what I was thinking that night with her. She means nothing to me, and I've been lovesick for you ever since you left me. I need you back, baby, please! I just haven't been the same without you, you're the cornerstone to my well-being!" Please, I beg in my head, please take me back.