Wolf Moon

DO NOT COMMENT 'UPDATE' OR ANY VERSION OF IT. PLEASE AND THANKS. IF YOU COMMENT UPDATE OR ANY VERSION OF IT, YOUR COMMENT WILL BE DELETED.

24 year old Małgorzata Adelajda Stilinski, more commonly known as Mal, practically collapsed on her bed after having worked 48 hours at Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital.

She never wanted to be a doctor. In fact, up until she was 18 and already done with her first semester of community college, she wanted to be a lawyer.

Then her mother died from frontotemporal dementia, only a year after she received the diagnosis, and everything changed.

She no longer wanted to be a lawyer. She didn't really want to do anything. She was content to take care of her little brother, Mieczysław aka "Stiles" and her father.

However, it was because of Stiles that she ended up being a doctor. She didn't want to see him go through what their mother did. She was hoping to specialize in Neurology so she could find a cure for the disease that killed her mother.

Just as she was about to drift off to sleep, she heard rapid footsteps.

"Mal!" Stiles yelled as he burst into her room, "Mally, guess what!"

She groaned and opened her eyes, "Mieczysław, I was just about to fall asleep!" She told him with a yawn

The teenager shook his head, "Forget about that! Dad just left the house because dispatch called. They're bringing in every officer from the Beacon Department, even state police because two joggers found a body in the woods!"

The surgical intern blinked, "So what are they looking for?" She asked

"The other half of the body!" Her brother shouted in excitement

"Okay." Mal told her brother as she laid back down, "I'm going to sleep now. Turn off my light on the way out."

Stiles gaped at her, "You're going to bed at a time like this?!" He asked

However, he didn't get a response as his big sister was already conked out. He shook his head and left her room, turning off the light and closing the door fully before he left.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Mal slept well into the next afternoon. The only reason she woke up when she did was because her brother asked her to join him and Scott in the preserve. She had the feeling that this little excursion was going to run her until the last minute, so she dressed in her scrubs.

"What are we doing here?" She asked as the two 16 years olds got out of the Jeep

"I lost my inhaler last night." Scott told her

The intern furrowed her eyebrows, "Last night?" She asked and then it came to her, "Mieczysław Genim! You did not drag your asthmatic best friend out in the middle of the night to look for half a body!"

Her brother scratched the back of his head, "I'm surprised you didn't wake up from dad's yelling." He said instead, "Also dad doesn't know Scott was out here."

She closed her eyes as she pinched her nose, "Unbelievable." She muttered to herself

"Uh, Mal." Scott started, "I got bit by a wolf last night and didn't get it checked out."

Mal didn't open her eyes as she tried to get control of her temper.

After a moment she opened them and glared at the younger boys, "You what?" She questioned hoping she misheard

"But I cleaned it." The Hispanic boy said proudly

She stared at both of her brothers, "But you didn't come to the hospital for a rabies shot?"