A true leader indeed.

She hugged him from the side making sure their hands stayed together and let him have some quiet.

From the outside it looked like he was in deep thoughts but in actuality he was blank. He wasn't confused, he wasn't hurt, he wasn't angry, he was just numb and he wanted to be like that for some time because he knew if he came out of it, his brain would unleash the monsters on him in the form of the thoughts he'd rather stay away from.

Just like that, forty minutes passed and they were pulling in his driveway.

He wordlessly got out when the door was opened by the driver and walked inside with Ailee following him.

He didn't stop to pat Doodles who sensed his mood was off and started giving him more attention. Ailee lifted him up and went upstairs.

She stood there near the bed, watching him pick out clothes for the night then went to take a shower.

She sighed defeatedly and went to take a quick shower too.

After coming out and noticing he was still in, she ordered food because there was no time to cook and she was not in the mood to cook either.

She called him down for dinner and he came, ruffling his slightly wet hair.

She tried talking to him but every time a sentence came to her mind she felt like it was lame and thus stayed quiet the whole time.

He barely had five bites when he stood up with the glass and left.
She thought he went to refill his glass but he never came back.

So she quickly cleaned up the table and went upstairs to check on him but he wasn't there either. He'd most probably be in his study she thought and indeed the lights were on.

She knocked very lightly but there was no response. So she quietly opened the door and found him sitting on the floor with numerous papers, photos and boxes around him.

She joined him on the floor and looked at the photo in his hand.

“Is she your mama?" She asked, hesitantly not knowing if it would trigger him or not.

He nodded and picked up the other one.

“I thought she was-"

“Dead." he said so coldly that she flinched.

"Uh why didn't she come to meet you?” It was not her fault that she didn't know that she had attacked him once in Russia and tried to harm him in many other ways. Otherwise she wouldn't have asked this question, even he, himself connected the dots just now, so how could she?

“She wants me out" he said nonchalantly like it doesn't matter.

Their doorbell rang and kept ringing which gave them the idea of the culprit.

Xavier took out his phone and unlocked the door.
" Fucker” he mumbled.

Luka barged in the study with worry written all over his face.
He looked at Ailee and raised his eyebrows while tilting his head in his direction.

She shrugged sadly and looked down.

“Romano-” he started but was abruptly cut off.

" I don't fucking know, Luka. I don't know. Don't ask me anything stupid” he seethed.

" Okay but I'm not here to ask anything stupid from you" he sighed and put his arm around his shoulder. He did come here to check how he was doing but since Ailee is here he won't have to worry.

He was just as much shocked to see her as Xavier because he heard a lot about their relationship from the elders. Everytime he would be mean to him or beat him up, he would whine to his parents about how much of a jerk he was and how there wasn't a single person he is kind to, then his parents and elders would tell him that Xavier was a nice boy when his mother was around and he loved her more than anything. They would ask him to give him some time and he'd warm up to him too one day.