four ;a bloodthirst

Magsimula sa umpisa

abyss grunted at the baffling request. you were just freshly transferred to easton, and you were already asking to hold onto such a sum of coins?

"i will abide by it," abel closed his eyes, cradling the doll closer to him.

"but lord abel!─" the masked student had tried to get the other to reconsider, but abel had only raised a hand.

"but you must prove yourself... in a duel for the coins." the male stretched out an arm. following suit, numerous dolls ─ at least 10 ─ had charged straight at you.

understandimg the motive, abyss directed his gaze away from the two of you. nonetheless, despite unable to fully witness the standoff, he was confident in abel's abilities.

instinct kicked in as you hopped back, maneuvering yourself to evade the the hostile dolls. you reached a hand into your robe, pulling out a talisman and ripping it a mere second later. as the shredded piece of paper fell to the ground, a bright ring formed around it.

you focused your magic on the ripped talisman, exerting more magic into the unsealing. the bright ring glowed of a pure ivory hue, and a small portal-like gate was created successfully. however, you were inches too far from pulling out whatever you had unsealed and there was too many dolls in your path.

you hadn't really wished to resort to it, but you also refused to use any more of your personal magic. you reached into your cloak once more, and alas, you took out your wand.

but your wand was no ordinary one. it was one of the 13 master canes, and one of the most treasured.

an ebony colored wand that had dark vines wrapping around the wielder when in use. in the centre was a closed eye that would open whenever magic is sensed.

the mimicry cane; as the name suggests, the master cane would allow its owner to mimic whatever spell the wand has literally witnessed. the quality of the spell that the owner is able to mimic is also tied to how skilled the original caster is in magic. thus, the stronger the opponent, the more dire the situation they would find themselves in.

"you're in my way..." you glared, summoning dolls of your own. abel had barely faltered, yet even that single mistake allowed you to slip past the barrage of dolls and reach for the miniature portal.

you dipped your hand in the portal's blinding glow, pulling out a sword entwined in dark flames. it was a sword enchanted with the signature flame magic of the gehenna family, gifted to you by a certain divine visionary.

the portal dissipated alongside the dolls you had mimicked as you tucked your master cane away.

"i see. so you're the wielder of the mimicry cane, kairos." abel's expression remained unchanging, but you only smirked.

"i don't like being overly reliant on some magic stick. but even if i try giving it away... it's like your clingy ex-girlfriend." you jested, stabbing your blade into the ground and resting your hands on the hilt while your chin was on the back of your palms.

"someone as strong as you should be taking, not giving. perhaps i shall teach you a lesson on that." he extended his arm once more. you counted 35 dolls ─ no, far more than that ─ were heading at you.

you kicked up your sword, charging straight for abel whilst slicing up the dolls and allowing them to burn away into nothing. you felt a tingle in your arms, and in reflex, you swung the blade upwards. the strings abel had casted erupted in flames, giving you the interval of his plan failing to dash towards him against the endless summoning of dolls.

the marionette was forced into the defensive. instead of the dolls being summoned to attack, they were summoned to stall the devouring flames from touching him and reducing him to nothing.

even in a lighthearted duel like this, you fought like you've only ever known death. and that death was what true victory was. because it truly was what you've ever known. in the bureau, an instance of loss was literally coming close to death, had it not been just a meek training session with the visionaries, or had the visionaries not been merciful towards you.

you were out for victory.

you wanted more than this silly fight of entry-level spells. you wanted him to truly draw out his strength, his secondth. you wanted him to draw out his full potential.

you grinned, inching closer and closer to the marionette, the flames of your blade burning brighter and brighter. right then and there, you were going to win.

but just before the consuming flames of your sword could touch able, the went out. they dissipated. your grin fell as your eyes shot towards the man who had his sights directly on you and you only.

abyss.

amidst your bloodthirst, you had also completely failed to realise that a doll who wielded a dagger was trailing right behind you, ready to strike and drive its blade right through your skull.

what you had not failed to realise, however, was abel's equal bloodlust when the doll approached you from behind.

you snapped your head back, but you were too late, being met with the doll's dagger just a few centimetres away from digging right into your eye.

shit.

︎︎
︎︎
︎︎
︎︎
ᶻ 𝗓 𐰁

︎︎︎︎︎︎︎︎ᶻ 𝗓 𐰁

proofread.