He started giving me puppy dog eyes and I straight away knew I had lost this argument. I could've still argued about how stupid it was but I could never say no to the puppy face.
"Ugh fine, but you owe me. Big time."
"I'll make it upto you, I promise."
He said with a big smile on his face, and his dimples showing. Maybe his smile was worth it.

So despite the constant warning of my mind as to not get myself into this situation and let my heart get hurt any further, here I was about to go to the party and pretend to be his boyfriend. While pretending like my heart wasn't thumping loudly just at the thought of us being boyfriends, even if it was fake.

I had prepped myself, warning my heart to not flutter, as it was just fake I reminded myself.
When we reached the venue, Shubman opened the car door for me and we walked side by side towards the entrance. The moment we walked into the party hall that was decorated so beautifully with diyas and lights and people dressed in traditionals, Shubman had taken my hand in his and guided us towards a corner, spotting one of his friends.

*Thump thump* ugh how do I convince my poor heart that this is all just a pretense. This is why I wasn't willing to do this, I knew he would do things like this, which would make my heart flutter and my already broken one sided loveria jaisa dil, would be broken even more after this pretense would end and he would most probably start dating his crush. Whoever that was, I didn't bother to ask and he didn't tell me either thankfully as I didn't want to know honestly. I didn't want to look at her and watch her being all pretty and perfect for him.

I was good staying in the dark, atleast for a little while.
"Do you see her anywhere?" I asked when I saw that he had stopped talking to his friend as I was trying to distract myself from our conjoined hands and my inappropriate thoughts.
"No not yet, let's just relax and enjoy for now. Would you like a drink?"
I just nodded and he guided us towards the bar.

After we ordered our drinks, we sat on the chairs and he pulled me closer to himself. We just sat there talking, in our own little world, forgetting that we were sitting at a party and that there were other people present in the hall other than the two of us.
"You look really handsome tonight."
"Thank you, so do you."
I said trying not to blush but failing miserably.
We just looked at each other for a while caught up in an intense eye contact, until he started leaning in closer to my face, looking at my lips. I blushed bright red and closed my eyes in anticipation, I was literally panicking.

I just sat there with my eyes closed for a while, without either of us making a move, I could feel his stares on my face, which is why I hadn't opened my eyes again and then I felt his lips on my nose. He had pecked my nose.....
umm I awkwardly opened my eyes back up and looked at him. His face looked pink and we just looked away from each other.
"Why did you do that?"
I asked him feeling slightly annoyed as my anticipation was now replaced with hurt.
"Uhh my crush was watching..."
And there goes my heart, breaking again.

While we were sitting there awkwardly drinking, someone suddenly approached me from behind and hugged my back. I flinched away from him, and Shubman noticed and pulled me towards him. I turned around to see who it was, only to realise it was my U19 friend Avesh Khan. I pulled away from Shub and jumped on Aavi, with a big smile on my face, giving him a big bear hug.
"Oh my God!! I missed you so much Aavi, what are you doing here?"
"I missed you too my little baby, and what else I'm here for the party."
"I didn't know you would be invited to this."
"The host of this party is my childhood friend."
And then the both of us started chit chatting about the good old days and about random things, completely forgetting about Shubman's existence.

Shubman was busy sulking next to me because of my lack of attention to him. Suddenly he pulled me closer to him and the sudden movement, had shut me up.
"Let's dance." he whispered in my ear.
His soft voice and his breath fanning over my ear and neck had made me shiver slightly and I had goosebumps all over my body.
"Not now Shub, I'm talking to my friend."
"But she's watching, Ish."
"Who's watching?"

Shubman gave me an 'are you serious' look and shook his head in disappointment at my forgetfulness.
"My crush Ishan, we're supposed to be boyfriends, remember?"
OH yeah that I had forgotten. I mean not the boyfriend part but most definitely the fake part and about his crush.
I excused myself from Aavi promising to meet him later while Shub dragged me to the centre of the hall, where a few people were dancing.

He pulled me closer to his body. He had both of his hands on my waist, while I wrapped my arms around his neck. His hands felt so good on my body, it was making me feel hot all over. My thoughts started getting very inappropriate and thus I concluded that I needed to distract myself quick.

"So where exactly is she?"
"HE is right here." he answered, looking at me intently.
And I looked around trying to find her, trying to check if someone was staring at us. Nope, no one has their eyes on us.
I thought for sure his crush would be staring, I mean that is why we were here doing this right?
wa- wait... WAIT, hold up. Did he just say 'he'? HE? And did he just look at me while saying it.

"What does that mean?"
I said awkwardly chuckling due to nervousness.
"Nothing out of the ordinary."
"Where is your crush?"
"Like I just mentioned, he's right here. It's you Ish."
"huh?"
system error 101.
He just chuckled pulling me even closer to his body and tightening his hold on me.
"There was never anyone else sweetheart, it's always been you."
"Then why did you ask me to fake date you?"
"Well I wanted to ask you out today, but obviously not in our room, I wanted to make it romantic. Maybe do it after the party, by taking you to the beach or something."
"So then?"

"Well I, then panicked when I looked at you because you looked so pretty, so I just blurted it out and then I panicked again seeing your shocked state, so I just covered it up by saying it was just for pretense."
I facepalmed as he continued,
"Well after I blurted it out, I thought it would be a good opportunity to see how you react to the whole dating thing and to my touches, I suppose."
"..and? what conclusion did you reach?"
"Well I could obviously tell my touches affected you, since you weren't very subtle, meri jaan."
I blushed out of embarrassment while he just chuckled.
"Why did you kiss my nose then?"
"I panicked again seeing your beautiful face so close to mine."

*Facepalm* "Seriously?"
He nodded and said, "What can I do baby you're just too damn pretty."
"Stop it." I said blushing profusely.
"Be my boyfriend?"
"I'd love to."
He started leaning in,
"Can we still go to the beach?"
"Ofcourse baby, we can do whatever you like."
He leaned in again but stopped right before his lips touched mine,
"May I?"
And I just answered, by smashing my lips on his.

The End.

________________________________________

A fairly normal oneshot ig. kinda stupid tho...
Let me know which one you liked the best and whether you prefer angst and sad endings or angst and happy endings or just cute yet chaotic oneshots like this one.

Also just realised today is valentines day, so double update toh banta tha