CatNap

DogDay and I ran into the Gas Production Zone. I kept ahold of the blue battery as we ran in, all of the lights out.
    We arrived to where the blue battery would fit in the wall and I went to put it in, but dropped it as CatNap suddenly walked out of the doorway.
     I gasped. "Angel, we need to go!" DogDay urged and grabbed my hand, bringing me along. "Woah- I'm coming!" I exclaimed and followed him as we reached the elevator.
     I watched as DogDay slammed his fist on the button and we started to ascend. I narrowed my eyes at CatNap, "I'm not falling for your tricks anymore! I know what's real! That Red Smoke is worthless!"
     I shuddered as I saw CatNap in a more demonic form, "Okay, nevermind- It does still work" I said and the entity started to climb up the tall gate.
     "...I forgot cats could climb." I crossed my arms. "Ah...Perhaps I should've reminded you, Angel." DogDay noted.
     We made it to the top and ran down the hall. I looked around, seeing many green batteries laying around. "DogDay. We can use the green batteries to get the power running. We need to prepare before CatNap arrives." I told him.
     He nods, "Of course, Angel. Let's do this."
——
     DogDay's body towered over me protectively, "I won't let you hurt them, CatNap!"
     However, CatNap lunged at DogDay, keeping his body to the ground, his claw dug into his friend's head. "Did you really think...That you could stop me?"
   "Just because that human got you out of The Playhouse, doesn't mean you are able to stop me!"
     "Now, I will make sure...You. Stay. Gone!"
     DogDay's eyes soften, "As long as Angel is safe...It's the least I can do."
     I shout from afar, "Hey!" I called out and the two looked. DogDay gasped, "Angel?"
     "Let him go!" I shouted. DogDay attempted to get up, but failed from being pinned down "Angel! RUN!"
     CatNap lunged at me and I pulled down the right hand trigger to release the energy off it. "Bastard!" I shouted as it was shot at CatNap and I fell to the ground.
     DogDay ran to me as quick as he could, kneeling to my aid. "Angel! Oh my goodness, Angel...Are you alright?"
     I smiled at him, "Yes, I'm okay. Thank you...For protecting me, DogDay."
     He smiled, "I would always protect you, Angel."
     We looked towards CatNap once we heard his screams of pain, his whole body being lit on fire. "Jesus Christ..." I muttered as I watched, the fire fading away and the hatch in the ceiling opened.
    "What...?" DogDay looked. "Is that...The Prototype?" He asked. The Prototype reached down to CatNap.
     "Wait, no- CatNap! CatNap, no! Don't!" DogDay exclaimed, but it was too late. The Prototype stabbed its hand through CatNap's mouth and slowly brought him up through the hatch.
     I wrapped my arms around DogDay in a reassuring hug as he cried. "I'm sorry, DogDay...I wanted to save him too..."
——
     I started to walk back to where we would be meeting Poppy. I was holding DogDay on my back, but...I couldn't help but wonder.
"I get that he's tall, but...Why is he so heavy?!" I thought. My legs ached in every step and my back started to hurt. Though, it's not his fault. He did fall asleep...
     We soon arrived and Poppy spoke, "Ah, you're back. I knew you could-"
     Before she could even finish, I fell to the ground. I groaned, "Back pain..." I muffled into the ground.
     "Ah!- I'm sorry, Angel!" DogDay apologized, going to my side immediately.
——
     DogDay and I sat on the ground. I was resting up currently for a little while, until we had to move again.
     I stared at a Huggy toy I obtained from Playtime Co. "You've been staring for 15 minutes, DogDay...What do you want?" I turned to look at him.
     "Oh- I'm sorry, I...I didn't to stare. I was- uhm...Just wondering..." He glanced away a few times before looking back at me.
     "What happened to your eye, Angel?"
     My eye widened at this and I turned my head away. DogDay panicked, "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. You don't need to talk about it if you're uncomfortable, Angel..."
     "Huggy...It was him." I replied. "Huh?" DogDay asked, "Huggy...?"
     I started to explain. "I remember that day...When I arrived. I had gotten this letter. To find the red flower."
     "I saw him. However, I let my guard down. The signs of danger were all over the place...I kept moving forward, though. I wanted to know what happened..."
     "My instincts were telling me that I had to leave, but I didn't listen. And...My luck soon ran out."
     "I didn't have time to notice him...It was too late."
     "It happened so fast. Despite the pain, I kept running. Just to get away from that monster. I knew I needed to escape and fast."
     "That's why I figured out how to stop him. It was my only option. I can still remember his scream. Watching him fall...Until it was completely silent."
     "I'll be honest...I wish I didn't kill him. I wish...I could've helped him. He was an experiment. A tool...Nobody deserves that."
     "And now..." I reached up and pulled off my patch to show my scar over my eye. "I look like this. Even worse than before, I know." I chuckled. "I- Sorry..."
     DogDay hugged me and I looked. "Don't talk like that, Angel. I'm sorry that happened to you. But, you're very strong, you know that?"
     "You're very special, Angel. Even with that scar of yours, it still makes you beautiful."
     I smiled and reached a hand up, holding DogDay's face. "Eh...?" He asked. "Thank you, DogDay" I smiled.
     I saw his expression saddened and he made a few noises. "Uh- DogDay?" I asked. He brought me in a tight squeeze, starting to cry.
     "Ah, sh*t!"
——
     "Alex? Is everything alright?" Poppy asked, coming over to check on us.
     DogDay was panicking as I layed facefirst into the ground. "Angel, I'm sorry! Oh God, oh God, I crushed them! Angel!"
  "Unngh..." I groaned. "Why do you keep doing this to them, DogDay?" Poppy asked, "Humans are fragile."
——
     Poppy looked at me, holding a tape. "You came back because of your coworkers...You deserve to have the truth, Alex. You want to know what happened, and why."
     She handed me the tape, "We called it The Hour of Joy."
     I raised an eyebrow, "I've seen that around here a lot..." I put it in the VHS player and watched the tv turn on, showing Playtime Co.
     My eyes widened at the sight of Huggy, Mommy, and others killing the people that either worked there or were just citizens. DogDay set a hand on my shoulder once I stepped away from the tv.
     "I remember hearing every moment of it" Poppy explained. "It went on so long...So agonizingly long. They tried to hide, to run, anything to stay alive..."
     "I remember their cries: What's going on? Why is this happening? What are those things?"
     She sighed, "Senseless slaughter, that's all it really was. They killed everyone. The guilty, the innocent, didn't matter. All that death...It didn't fix anything."
     "And then, once it was all over, they dragged those corpses down below where they'd never been found. And they...Ate the bodies...To stay alive."
     DogDay spoke, "This is why we need to get rid of the Prototype. It manipulated CatNap...And has been harming everyone else."
     Kissy gently grabbed Poppy and set her in the elevator. I hugged DogDay, "Stay here and help Kissy if needed. Poppy would hate to see her hurt...And you're our best bet."
     He hugged back and smiled, "I will. You be safe, Angel."
     I smiled and pulled away, walking down to Poppy and entering the elevator as the gate closed shut. "As soon as we reach the bottom, we'll send it right back up. DogDay will stay with you until then. He'll protect you." Poppy reassured Kissy who nodded.
     She walked to the control system and pulled the lever, the elevator starting to descend. Poppy sighed, "Alright. Once we hit the ground, we need to be cautious. There's something-" she paused as there was a distant scream up above.
     "What?..." Poppy asked. "What's she doing? This isn't-" she started, but Kissy let out a blood curdling scream.
     "No, no no...No! We're coming! Just hold on!" Poppy called. "C'mon, c'mon! Go faster!"
     I heard DogDay's screams with Kissy and I gasped, both Poppy and I yelling out.
    "Kissy!"
     "DogDay!"