The School

I got the generator going and made it outside, walking down the stairs until something grabbed me.
I gasped as I was pinned to the ground. I looked up at it and my eyes softened. "Kissy?" I asked. Poppy suddenly ran over, "No, no! Let go! They didn't do anything wrong!"
She turned to me, holding a flashlight "We're actually here to help."
Kissy let go of me, standing up. I sat up, looking to Poppy. "This place makes her tense..." She explained, "I'm glad Ollie could help you get this far. He's the reason we found you at all."
I stood on my feet as Poppy was lifted onto Kissy's shoulder, "Looks like the train crash hurt us both...You've been through so much. You deserve an explanation. Come on."
Kissy started to walk away and I followed. Poppy looked at me "How's your eye doing?"
I was taken back by the sudden question, but regained focus. "My eye? It's seen better days." We both chuckle at the small joke. "But, it's good. I now have a scar from it..."
We reached a power box and Kissy held Poppy down to it. She opened it and pulled down the red lever. They walked to the elevator and I followed, the gate closing as it started to ascend.
"Listen..." Poppy started and I looked at her. "I'm not your enemy, but I can't just let you leave. What's happening down there is bigger than all of us. And I need you...So we can get revenge on those monsters who tortured you...Who've tortured us."
"They didn't act alone."
I raised an eyebrow, "They didn't?" I questioned. Poppy replied, "They're disciples of the original: The Prototype."
We reached the top and Poppy asked "Do the honors?"
I nodded, "You bet." I replied and walked to the button, pressing it and the lights came back on around the Playcare. I walked back in the elevator as the gate closed and we started to descend.
Poppy went back to explaining, "The Prototype knows we're coming by now. You try to escape, he'll kill you before you even reach that front door. He's the reason I was trapped in that...God awful case for so long."
"You have...No idea the things he's done!"
I frowned, "You're right...I don't" I replied. "Let me help you kill him. Let me help you save everyone" Poppy urged.
"We've all seen you, how capable you are" she stared into my hazel eyes. I shook my head "No, I'm not capable. I'm just a simple being...There's nothing special about me."
"Alex..." Poppy spoke. "You killed Huggy, you killed Mommy, you freed me. You are perfect for this..." She reached a hand out and I kneeled down. Her small hand caressed my cheek.
She pulled away once we heard sounds. "CatNap is coming" she informed me, "He's the final obstacle the Prototype has placed against us. We can't stay here. Keep yourself safe. Ollie will call you."
I nodded in reply, "Okay. Thank you, Poppy" I stand and exit the elevator, watching as the gate closed and the elevator ascended. I turn and walk away, only to get a phone call from Ollie. I pick up the phone, putting it to my ear.
"Hey, hey. It's me again" Ollie spoke. "It seems like Poppy explained everything now. And she turned on the Dome's backup power! Now the plan from here is pretty simple."
"We need to restore power to the gas production zone."
I raised an eyebrow, "And how do we do that?" I inquired. Ollie explained, "First, go back to the Home Sweet Home building you were just in."
I sighed and walked back to the building "Okay...Now what?"
Ollie continued, "There should be a big power cord somewhere around the porch. Grab it and plug it in underneath the statue."
"You got it." I replied and grabbed the cord, starting to pull it to the statue. "This is one long cord..." I mumbled, walking underneath the statue and plugging the cord in.
Ollie spoke from the phone, "Awesome, look at that! Remember that generator you turned on inside of Home Sweet Home?"
"I do...What about it?" I inquired, raising an eyebrow. "Well, that was a backup generator for just that building" Ollie replied.
"I'm sorry, what."
"And every building should have one!" The boy continued. "Now you've just taken Home Sweet Home backup power and routed it here. We're already halfway done!"
"Okay, where do I need to go next?" I questioned. "Hm..." Ollie muttered. "Everywhere is pretty dangerous around here. That playhouse especially."
I raised an eyebrow, "Playhouse...?"
"Your best bet is probably the school" Ollie replied. "CatNap usually leaves that place alone. Sending you the key now!" He hung up. I sighed and grabbed the key.
                                  ——
"Uhhh..." I looked around the school as I walked down the hall. Ollie spoke from the phone, "Okay, make this quick. Turn on the generator, leave, and plug the school's power cord into the center."
"Be careful in there, I don't think I can connect to you on that side of the dome."
I frowned, "Well, that's just great."
"And you won't be alone."
"That's even more fantastic."
Ollie replied, "There's someone else in there too. They're not your-" he got cut off. I raised an eyebrow, "Ollie?" I asked, but all I heard was static.
I frowned, "Dammit." I muttered and put the phone away. I looked at a sentence written on the wall. I didn't know if that was spray paint or blood, but...
"The Hour of Joy..." I muttered aloud. "What is that?-" I tilted my head. I shook my head and entered a room, but the intercom suddenly went off.
"Please excuse the interruption. Students- remain in your seat until the bell has rung. And no going in the halls without a hall pass!"
I had to find that generator. Fast.
                                      ——
I found one battery, however the second one was trapped in a gate that had an opening in the ceiling.
"Not that bad so far..." I said and left the room, looking around, seeing a different hallway. There were a few things blocking my way, so I crawled beneath the desk.
However, I paused as the lights flickered and I saw a lady walk by from up ahead.
"Well...That's not good." I groaned and crawled out from under the desk, standing up. I entered a room, but the intercom went off once more.
"Wait- I recognize you...Yes, I remember. You used to work here! How are you...Alive?"
"Hm? Barb? Oh...Barb says you're looking for your coworkers. CatNap wouldn't like that you're here...You should leave. For your own safety."
I made my way up to the vent and crawled through, jumping down the opening and grabbed the battery.
I need to hurry this up. Before that lady finds me.
                                         ——
I hate saying things that eventually come true. I had to work my way around Miss Delight, putting batteries in the correct places to get the generator going.
I put in the last battery, keeping eye contact with her as I slowly started to back away, leaving towards the hall. She started to walk towards me while I looked at her.
It wasn't working. I turned around and ran to the exit. I slid to a stop, pulling a lever as the gate closed, crushing Miss Delight. I looked and tapped her with my foot, "You dead?"
After she didn't move, I left the school, finding myself in some underground construction.