DogDay

I found my way through the underground factory, having help with my grab pack. I walked across a bridge, stopping when I saw the word "Playhouse" written on top of the door.
"Playhouse..." I thought. "Wait. This is the place Ollie is afraid of. But, there's no other way out. I need to go this way."
I entered the playhouse, looking around as I swapped my grab pack's right hand. I saw a small critter crawling out from the hole in the wall and shot a small fire at it. It retreated.
"Huh. This is pretty useful..." I muttered. I started to make my way through the Playhouse, to find a way out.
                                        ——
I walked down the hall, making my way to a door and I opened it. My eyes widened at the massive amount of blood all over the room.
I slowly walked ahead. "Why are there cages...?" I thought to myself and came to a stop, turning to see a specific critter.
"DogDay...?" I asked. He looked at me and gasped, "Angel? You're here to save us. Nothing left to save, not here...You're in CatNap's home, angel. Their home. A million pairs of eyes are on you now. Watching, waiting, hungry."
"They want nothing more than to crawl beneath your skin and eat away at you bit by little bit- fill what feels empty inside themselves. That...Thing...CatNap. The Prototype is his God, and this is what he does to heretics."
"These little toys follow CatNap to avoid that very fate- and in return, they are fed. We tried to fight it, the Prototype's control."
"I'm...The last of the Smiling Critters."
I frowned, "DogDay..."
He looked at me, "Listen to me. You need to get out of this place. You need to live. You and Poppy can fix this."
I shook my head, "Let me help you out of here, DogDay. You don't deserve this." I urged. "I..." He paused, before nodding, accepting my help.
I walked in the cell and started to take his restraints off. I saw the little critters starting to crawl into the cell from the openings in the wall. I pulled off the last restraint, carrying DogDay on my back as I started to head down the hall.
"We need to get out of here."
DogDay looked behind us, "No. You do, angel." He replied. "Huh?" I asked, seeing he got to the ground and I faced him. "What do you-" I started, but he pushed me and I fell through wooden plants, landing down to the tubes.
"Woah!" I fell onto my back and looked up, "No! DogDay!" I exclaimed. I couldn't get back up there. I had to move. So, I crawled through the tubes, finding my way to a hall and I ran through it, arriving at the elevator.
I sighed as it ascended and the gate opened. I exited and watched as it went back down. I looked to the ground. "He's gone...Even with me trying...He gave himself up just to keep me safe." I thought.
"Angel?"
I gasp, turning to see the elevator ascend and DogDay was there, taking himself out of it and crawling to me. "DogDay!" I exclaim and ran over, kneeling down and hugging him. He returned the gesture and I sighed.
"I'm so glad you're okay" I smiled. "As long as you're safe, angel." He replied. That name...Whenever he called me that, I felt a warm feeling in my heart.
We pulled away from the hug and I spoke, "Come on. We need to get out of here." I walked to the slide that lead outside and slid through it.
Once outside, I got a call from Ollie and answered it. "Hey, are you alright? No ouchies or lost body parts?" He asked. "No, I'm okay. I also found a friend" I smiled.
He sighed, "I'm really glad you're okay. I don't wanna lose any more friends to this place. Hey...Did you see the shrine?"
I raised an eyebrow "Shrine?" I looked around, noticing it. "CatNap made it for The Prototype. See, before CatNap turned into...CatNap. I guess there was some pretty serious accident."
I looked up at the statue. Ollie continued, "He almost died, but...They say that The Prototype saved his life, giving up his own freedom in the process. In CatNap's eyes, the Prototype is a superhero, and has saved this place."
"So CatNap treats him like a God, killing everyone that opposes him. Us included, if we're not careful. That shrine...Did it scare you? If you thought that was terrifying, just wait until you see the real thing."
I sighed, "Oh great."
"Anyways, we're really close to the end. I sent you a new key. You're going to the Counselor's office instead. It's not ideal...But, it should have enough juice. If you can get that generator going and plug it in...I think we'll be done!"
"And keep your eyes open for CatNap. Every shadow and every flickering light is a hiding spot. He always stalks his prey first. He'll take away anything you have to defend yourself."
"And when you're at your most vulnerable...He'll kill you. CatNap lives for the hunt. Good luck, talk soon." He hung up and I stared at the phone. I frowned...
"Angel, look what I found."
I turned to DogDay, seeing him walk over to me. Wait-
My eyes widened, "Woah- You found your legs?" I tilted my head. "I did. It feels odd to walk again..." He replied. I stared at his legs, feeling a bit curious.
"What's wrong, Angel?" He said, noticing. "Oh, nothing. I'm just...Wondering...How are they able to stay like that?" I asked.
"Oh. Well, our toy bodies work a little differently" DogDay explained. "We can easily reattach our limbs if they...Fall off."
"Ah...I see." I replied. "Well, let's head to the counselor's office and get that generator running, Angel." DogDay said and I smiled.
"Right. Yeah, let's go."

                                          ~~~
     A/N: Before anyone comments ANYTHING- Yes, I know DogDay lost his legs due to the torture of CatNap and The Prototype.
     I watched the videogame(personally: I couldn't play it.) This is my own idea, and I feel like having DogDay in this will make it more interesting :}
     Other than that, I hope you enjoyed this fun chapter.
                                        ~~~