Risky Gamble | 44

Start from the beginning

But instead, I settled with playing hard.

"Or what?" I challenged, causing his constricting hold on my neck to grow even tighter and for a split second he cuts off my supply of air completely, without so much as batting an eye.

Just as quickly, he reinstates it and I gasp, suprised.

A subtle grin forms on his lips as he breathes a dark chuckle. "A 123." He whispers. "Matter of fact, mi deven ago warn yuh again." His tone was final and I didn't underestimate him for a second.

But I also never fully grasped the concept of keeping my mouth shut.

"Just seh feh, Javier." The smile I've been suppresing finally breaks free and it's mocking.

He takes the bait and tries to pull away from me.

The minute I realize he was serious about what he had promised earlier, I grab ahold of his shirt to deter him.

"A joke." I shouted out, quickly.

As much as I was enjoying this. This game ended here. Mi nah go mek because a mi foolish games somebody pickney actually get hurt.

I knew he wouldn't hurt me, I couldn't say the same about the guy out there.

"Leggo' off a dis." I drop my hand and he takes a step back in my direction. He takes his gun from his waist, slamming it down hard on the counter behind me.

I jump at the loud impact of the metal connecting with the granite counter top.

He places a hand on my waist, keeping me in place.

I reach up trying to kiss him but he turns his face in the other direction and I let out an amused laugh.

"Aww, mi baby vex'?" I pouted, speaking in a mocking tone. I grabbed ahold of his belt to pull him closer to me. "No, besitos?"

"Kali." He wasn't amused in the slightest.

He hissed before brushing my hand away.

"What?" I smiled.

"If mi affi wait more than five minutes fi yuh come outside, mi a light up eh place. . .and mi can guarantee yuh seh party done."

I pursed my lips not relaying a definite answer.

He placed a kiss to my cheek before backing away.

He steps away with his back turned to the exit, he gestures to the Rolex on his hand with his gun. "Five minutes." He repeats, before finally turning around and heading out the door.

I have to find Rihanna and Arielle to tell them that I'm leaving.

When I spot them, the two were caught up in a drinking game, that I had also been playing earlier before Javier arrived and spoiled all the fun.

Conveniently enough, I was also happened to be mid-conversation with one of the guys when he showed up.

Let's just say, he didn't take it so well.

"California, yuh come back?" Carson laughed, he was the one I was talking to, he doesn't have a clue that I just pleaded for his life. He offers me a cup and I decline with a polite smile. "No, mi come tell uno seh mi a leave now."

"Yah sell out." Rihanna whined, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Nothing like dat b'. . .a Jay sell we out. Shouldn't tell him where we a go." Arielle joined in on our hug and we all laughed, knowing too well.

It was fun while it lasted, though.

Javier was at work all day and I knew if I had told him that I was going all the way to Trelawny to a house party, he wouldn't be open to the idea.