1 - The Meet

You tossed and turned, the haunting memories of your past coming back to you in the form of nightmares. You jolted awake with a gasp, waking up your companion, a little black kitten with green eyes you named Salem. His bell jingled as he stretched and got up, pawing at your face. You chuckled as you scratched behind his ears before sighing and getting up to get ready for the day. 

- Your Pov - 

    I got up, took a shower and put on a binder before getting dressed into uniform, braiding my hair and putting it in my balaclava, putting my headphones on, going out to eat something, Salem following behind me like a duckling following it's mother. Occasionally the new recruits would pass by me waving a good morning. I just nodded at them, after it turned 8:00 AM I went to wake up the few people missing before suggesting sparing practice. I dominated throughout the fights, not having a single loss, besides the occasional punch, kick or pin. 

One of the rookies had run up to me after I had just tossed another sparring mate to the ground. "Valkyrie, the boss is calling for you in his office." He said panting. I nodded, and put my hand on his shoulder before walking to the building. 

I walked through the halls, Salem finding me and following behind me. I arrived at the office and gave the door a knock. "Enter." I heard from behind the door, I entered the office, the kitten still following behind me. "Right so, since you are our best soldier we are transferring you to somewhere you'll get more action so your talent doesn't go to waste, this will be your new commander, Captain John Price." The Captain stood up, putting down my file and reaching his hand out as for me to shake it. I looked at his hand before shaking it, glad I had gloves on. 

"Please Sit." Said my former boss, gesturing to the seat. I sat, Salem clawed his way up my pants and sat in my lap. The two talked back and forth about me before they looked at me. "So Valkyrie, can you tell me anything about yourself, in your files it has a lot of missing information like, your birth name, birth date, gender, picture of yourself." He said, gesturing his hands around as he spoke. 

I shrugged, and shook my head. The Captain looked me up and down, studying and observing. "Well Valkyrie, go pack your things, you'll be leaving in 30." Said my former captain, I nodded and got up, about to exit the room before I turned around and gestured to Salem. The Captain took a moment. "Ah, are you wondering if you can take the cat?" I nodded, the captain looked at my new boss, "I don't mind having a cute kitten running around the base." He said giving me an approving nod. I smiled under my mask and left to pack my belongings.    - End of Your Pov - 

   Once you had left the room the two talked more, "So you really don't know anything about Valkyrie?" Captain Price asked, the commander shook his head, "The little things we do know is that they answer to the code name Valkyrie, 'chooser of the slain', most likely male from their brute strength, but he's never shown his face, never has spoken to me or the recruits here for the past year he's been here, and the only twinge of emotion given off from him is from being accompanied by Salem, his little kitten." He said before leaning back in his chair. Captain Price huffed and thought. 

 - Your Pov - 

  I went to my room quickly, packing clothes, pictures, books, dog tags and other valuables along with putting Salem's items into a separate bag. I looked around and opened my door quickly after hearing footsteps, scaring the up coming recruits, I gestured for them to help me carry my weaponry cases outside as I grabbed mine and Salem's bags and put on another bag, slipping Salem inside, he sat comfortably poking his head out the side. I chuckled and led the way to the truck awaiting me outside. 

The recruits put my stuff in the trunk and nodded to me as they waved before heading back inside. I sighed, pinching my balaclava moving it away from my nose, Salem pushed his way out of my bag and climbed onto my shoulder nuzzling into my neck. The Captain looked back at me through the mirror. "Ya' know Valkyrie, you kind of remind me of my lieutenant, always hiding your face and stuff about you, although your profile is more empty than his. But before we arrive,  you should know, our team is more than just coworkers, we are family, so feel free to get comfortable around us, also, you can just call me Price, a fellow with a mohawk is called Soap, and the fellow always wearing a mask is Ghost, and the other fellow is Gaz." He spoke trying to inform me. 'Small Team' I thought, it was silent for a few moments, until Price spoke again, "So tell me, can you speak?" He asked. I made eye contact with him through the mirror and nodded yes. He nodded, feeling as if he was making progress.

 He asked me occasional questions, some I answered with nods, others I didn't react to. As far as everyone knew, I was just some mute who was extremely talented in multiple lines of military work, and always kept my identity hidden. I used to listen in on conversations between recruits, talking about if I was a guy or girl, where I was from, if I spoke other languages, and other stupid things like what I looked liked, all they knew was my eye color and height. I had dozed off, before I knew it, we were at the base. I got my stuff, a tall guy waiting beside the wall outside, this must have been 'Soap'. He shot me a welcoming smile, and helped me with my weaponry cases, I grabbed my bag, I had slipped Salem into my cross body bag before exiting the car. Price signaled me to follow Soap, I did, he led me to an empty room, as I passed by the rooms, I looked into a lounge room, two guys sitting at on a couch watching TV, I continued to follow Soap through the hall into my new room, I looked around and set my stuff down, Salem mewed and jumped from my bag. Soap grabbed his face in awe at the cat, and picked him up, his body dangled in the air and let out a small mew and licked Soap's hand. "Aww does that mean he likes me?" He asked, his Scottish accent was strong. I nodded and he snuggled my kitten and ran with him, I bolted after him down the hallway.

 I watched him slip into a room. "Ay boys look, our new recruit has a kitten and he's so cute." He said as he held him up like simba from the Lion King. The guys on the couch looked at him, I busted into the room and ran towards Soap, now Gaz was standing by him. He looked at me and handed Salem back to me. He put his arm over my shoulder, my body tensed up, I was uncomfortable. "So Valkyrie, I'm Soap if ya don't know, this is Gaz and the bum on the couch is Ghost. Welcome to 141 and the Captain is Price, sure ya knew that already." He said before releasing me from his grip. Ghost was glaring at me, I felt uneasy as if he were staring into my soul, Gaz gestured for me to sit on the couch but I shook my head and returned to my bedroom, sliding onto the floor, swiping my shoulders as if Soap's touch was still lingering. Salem placed his head on my leg as I wept, "I'm okay, little kit." I said, my tears were still falling. His ears lowered and he licked my cheek.  - End of Your Pov -