5

Slug snorted as Rat flew through the now broken car window of the old lady's, unlocking the door from the inside and flinging her out the car. "Come on Slug! Let's go!" He whisper yelled towards his mollusc-esque friend. Slug cackled the whole way towards the car (although painfully,) and hopped inside.

"That- That was hilarious!" Slug screeched out laughing, finding this hilarious. Rat began to laugh too, chuckling heavily at the fate of this poor old lady. They both cackled for a bit before taking a moment to breathe heavily.

They began to drive away, the world crumbling behind them. They kept going until they headed towards a type of boardwalk. "Uhh.. Rat? We- theres no where else to go!" Slug spit out erratically. "How do we get out of this?!" Slug rambled on, stressed. "We should make out?" Rat said, slightly mishearing his friend.

"What?" Slug choked out.

"What?.." Rat said back nervously, pretending he didn't say anything.

Slug squinted his eyes suspiciously but didn't say anything more. He slowly reached his hand to Rats'. Rat squeezed tight on his hand as if signalling that he wouldn't let go. Slug grit his teeth before saying: "Rat I- I love you!"

Of course the final word was cut off by a deafening split in the earth below them, causing them not Only to fall apart but also dragging Slug down deeper into the earth.

The world fell black as Slug fell into unconsciousness, the last words him hearing, "I love you too. "