"Okay fine James, we get it, you love her, you know her the best." Sirius said, crossing his arms over his chest, like a child stropping that he had lost.

"I guess I do."

-------------------------------------------------

The morning of the Hogsmeade weekend, Diana awoke aching. She had officially reached her fifth month of pregnancy and she was feeling the effects of it. Her bump was larger than it had been, her back was aching, her cravings had become more regular and she was tired. But most of all, she craved James. She craved the physical touch with him, being close as they had been at christmas, when they cuddled, held hand, and practically acted like a love sick couple. They hadn't had that in the past few weeks, not since they had left James' parents, and she was craving it badly, she was craving him.

But she wouldn't have him, she wouldn't let him be that close again, unless he proved to her that he wanted her as much as she wanted him.

And so, she would wait and see, if nothing happened, they would be friends for the sake of the baby, if something did happen, she wanted to give her heart a chance, she had a heart of gold with everyone else, why would James be any different?

Looking at the clock beside her bed, she read 8:15, she had to meet Alwyn at 9 at the front grounds to go to Hogsmeade.

Quickly getting ready, putting on the slightest bit of makeup, she rushed down to the front of the school, though no too quickly, the heaviness of her stomach made her slower than she had been previously.

At the door, she saw Alwyn, stood with his hands in his pockets, smiling as she approached. "Morning, Di. How're you feeling this morning?" He asked politely, as she smiled back at him.

"Hi Al, i'm okay, this baby is making me feel like a whale though, right pain in my backside, not literally I mean, although I do have pain in my back." Diana rambled, not quite sure why she was feeling slightly nervous.

Alwyn laughed, "c'mon, let's get you to Hogseade, we'll go to the Three Broomsticks so you can have a sit down if you're in pain, don't want you on your feet for too long."

The pair walked to Hogsmeade with the rest of the students, chatting along the way. Alwyn asked about the baby, how she felt about it, what gender she thought it was and how life would look for Diana with a baby whilst in school. Diana answered them all, she loved talking about her baby, about becoming a mother, but then came the dreaded question.

"So what's the deal with you and Potter?" Alwyn asked, Diana just sighed, not quite knowing what to answer.

"It's...complicated, I guess. We obviously didn't plan for this to happen, it just did and...we're friends, really good friends. We just don't communicate with each other enough I guess, and it causes conflict. But he's a really good guy, and he'll be a fantastic dad, I know it, and we're young, so we've got a lot of learning to do, but he's a really good guy." Diana said, as Alwyn just smiled at her.

"I think from what I saw the other day, he likes you Di, why not give him a chance."

"I don't think he likes me like that, I thought he might, we were close over christmas, and since then nothing, I think it was just all in my imagination, thinking that a guy that accidentally knocked me up would like me, it's not like the storybooks sadly, so we're just friends, and that's okay, I very much cherish his friendship either way." She said, smiling sadly, as they walked through the streets of Hogsmeade.

"Oh no, I think he really does like you, Diana." Alwyn smirked, as she just raised her eyebrow at him, questioningly.

"Why would you think that?"

"Well, he's currently walking over here with a bunch of roses in his hands, looking like hes about to murder me."

When Diana looked up, she saw James approaching her with roses in his hands, a smarter outfit to what he usually wore, and well styled curls on top of his head. Diana was overcome with desire for his appearance. His eyes found her, and he gave her a sweet grin while making a nervous scratching motion on the back of his neck.

"Hi, Di."

"James, what're you doing?" She asked softly, not knowing exactly who or what the roses were for.

"Proving myself to you, that I deserve to be with you, to be the father of your child, I want it all with you Diana, and i'm gonna show you that, I promise."

☆ Please like and comment to support this book! All feedback appreciated. Please remember, it's only fiction! bit of writers block with this one! Xx