Chapter 1 (Preview)

The road was unpaved and rocky. The trees swayed gently but there was a thin line between the sweet dance they danced, and the vicious swinging thunderstorms can bring. And it was storming. Storming horribly. My friend Seth ignored the rain and kept one foot in front of the other, trying to make it home as soon as possible, but the wind wouldn't allow it. Soon, cold air began to swarm us, barely keeping us balanced. He groaned and moaned but I knew that Seth wasn't going to let some bad weather beat him. He grabbed on my sleeve and we rushed towards the main road. Jackson Street, barely a few blocks up, felt like miles whenever we walked near the forest. We could hear the howls of distant canines and owls hooting combined by the near shouts of people and loud music blaring, we could tell that it was going to be a long and dreary night.

As we finally peaked our angry, we dashed to Jackson, and took a right turn. Headlights soon blast us, leaving Seth blinded and tumbling down. "Get up dummy!" I shout as I grasp upon his hood, pulling him up. He was a puny kid. Maybe about 5'7, 120 pounds. He likes to think he's made of muscle, but he's not, although he is pretty athletic. "Damn dude! Fucking cars!" Seth also has a bit of a potty mouth. "Your fault, should've been more careful." I tease, brushing me off, he shakes his head and keeps moving. We soon approach a small older bridge and cross it, it may be dark outside, but whenever we cross the bridge we know we're not far from Seth's new house. It's a lot farther out from where I stay, and a much nicer area. He doesn't have to worry about being mugged or shot, or anything adults in my projects like to do. Justice Park Manor. What a joke. Should be called Just-Us Park Manor, because it's not like the cops do anything about--- basically anything.