Prologue

A few months ago, I was forced by my best friend to install a dating app on my phone and get a fake girlfriend to disprove the rumors about me liking the opposite gender. I know, it's not the ideal place to look for that, but that's what he thought about in the first place.

And of course, wala namang mali kung magkagusto ka sa parehong kasarian. But as I am constantly forced to be labeled as gay just because I openly hug my male friend that I consider as my brother every day, it left me with no choice.

To our surprise, the account we made matched a girl, and it turns out that she's also from the same school. She agreed to pretend to be my girlfriend, although we haven't met yet, and we only talk to each other online, at minsan yung best friend ko ang kumakausap sa kaniya.

Time passed by, and our plan—well more like my best friend's plan—commenced, starting with meeting up with the girl we found online.

Kaya nandito ako ngayon sa isang malaking puno sa tabi ng main building na tinatawag nilang "lovers tree" para makipagkita sa kaniya, dahil dito usually nagkikita ang mga magkasintahan, which is what my best friend told me.

I sat myself in a bench under the tree, looking around and waiting for her. A few minutes went by a flash and I slowly became bored. I started to play with my phone to entertain myself when out of nowhere, a shadow loomed above me. I raised my head and to my surprise, it was my seatmate.

"Keaton? Anong ginagawa mo dito?" Taka kong tanong sa kaniya.

"I'm here to meed up with my boyfriend." My eyes immediately went wide along with my body that froze.

B-boyfriend?

"You have a boyfrie-" Hindi ko na natapos ang sasabihin ko nang tinapat niya sa akin ang kaniyang cellphone.

On the screen was a message interface between two people. The other person's profile picture was so familiar, as well as the last messages sent.

It was the girl that I was supposed to meet, and the conversations' content was all about meeting up here in the lover's tree, which I sent.

So, he...

"Hey, love."

"K-keaton? IKAW?!"