Chapter 25: Walk of Shame

note: i feel like i'm gonna need ur thoughts or comments on this chapter, so don't hesitate to leave some (it felt quite special, lol)

we're close to finally covering the whole of season 1, and after this, the pace of this story will change. is it going to be rushed? i hope not, but i might have no choice. i want to finish this fic before season 3 starts because if i don't complete this story when the new season comes, i'll lose interest in continuing this fic.

i will try to focus more on the teen timeline and take a break from the present one. however, another timeline will be introduced soon, and i hope i can pull that shit off real fucking well.

***

Pain.

That was the first thing that Agami felt the moment she regained consciousness. A headache, bruised arms, slightly burnt skin, and a dried throat from so much thirst were the first few things that registered to her body's sensation.

The next thing was confusion. In just a few seconds, she had a lot of questions. Where is she? How did she get here? And just how long has she been out and vulnerable to all possible unknown dangers?

She does have an idea of what kind of place she was in at the moment. Guessing how dark it was away from the small bright hole in a far distance to where she was lying, the warm temperature, and rock formations everywhere her sight lands-she's in a cave.

The luck would be on her side if it's actually just a cave. But if it isn't, she might be trespassing on someone's territory. She could be in a bear den.

All the memories of the happenings last night were replayed in her mind. How they started the celebration normally, all the fun stuff they did, the dancing-down to how things slowly went pretty weird and wild.

She also had another dream. But she wasn't so sure whether she should believe it or simply ignore it, knowing that her brain might just be playing with her after everything that happened last night.

Losing her consciousness after playing with her flute and waking up tied to a tree with Jackie trying to burn her alive was the last thing that Agami remembered. The rest were a little foggy, and she had no idea how she ended up in such a place.

Something in her peripheral vision then caught her attention.

A ragged, patterned, dark square scarf caked with mud and dirt. Although a little perplexed, Agami decided to check it out when she realized there was something under it as she lifted the fabric.

A card.

Agami picked it up and wiped the dried mud covering it with her bare hand.

Queen of hearts.

That was the card she was holding. It was all dirty and worn out, and whoever owned it even decided to draw something on its eyes as if they wanted them to cover it.

Agami put the card down again along with the scarf. Her mind then wandered to something else.

Should she head back already? How far is she from the cabin? But on top of all, is it safe for her to go back there after what happened?

That put her into deep thought. All she could do was burrow her head into her knees as she thought carefully about what she should do next.

Back in the place where they held the celebration, the girls were all lying down on the cold ground, still in their dresses and headdresses. Slowly, one of them started to wake up-Shauna.

The girl roamed her eyes around immediately, even though they hadn't yet adjusted to the brightness of the morning sun. She found Jackie sleeping. The girl's back was leaning on a huge tree, which Shauna vaguely remembers was where they almost got Agami killed.