Chapter 18 - Shimada

Start from the beginning

Kiriko: "I don't know how you've lived this long with all of those"

Y/N: "I have a really good doctor..."

Kiriko: "That's it?"

Y/N: "What do you mean that's it? Do I seem like the kind of reckless guy who goes throwing himself into conflict?"

Kiriko: "Yes. Yes you do"

Y/N: "That hurt to hear"

Kiriko: "But sometimes that's a good thing, you need someone who isn't afraid of the consequences... Willing to give their all for those they care about"

I looked at her as she ran her fingers over the scars along my forearm, she looked nervous but I assured her placing a hand on her shoulder.

Y/N: "It doesn't hurt y'know"

Kiriko: "Its just..."

I looked at her in confusion as she looked down seemingly saddened

Y/N: "Its just?"

Kiriko: "I wanna get to know you more and have you help us, but from what I can tell with these scars, you may get hurt more than I can heal-"

Y/N: "Kiriko."

She looked up at me with a sniffle and a tear forming in one of her eyes

Y/N: "Don't worry about me. I know that's hard to hear but its my job to do what I do"

Kiriko: "You Overwatch agents seem always so carefree kinda like a guy I once knew. I've heard so little of the organisation, but you seem different, like you are reckless but also self aware enough to know when you're biting off more than you can chew"

Y/N: "Always had someone to bail be out is all, something I'm very thankful for if I'm being honest"

Kiriko: "Aren't you ever scared to meet your end?"

Y/N: "Its not the way my parents raised me, always told me to push the boundaries and never let people doubt me"

She straightens up clearing her eyes and stops the sniffling as she begins to talk

Kiriko: "Good way to look at it, Ill have your back, not to worry"

I smile at her and put my hand out for a high five which she accepted

Y/N: "Glad to hear it!"

Meanwhile the others were looking over us, observing. Waiting. Sakura being the most cautious of all, one thing was for sure, their trust and respect had to be earned.

Somewhere downtown Hanamura

Genji's POV

I was answering a call from Angela when I spotted a shadow running through a nearby street. Its him, Its gotta be him.

Genji: "Angela, I'm going to have to call you back later"

Mercy: "Don't be too reckless out there"

Genji: "Understood"

With that I ended the call, removed my hood and slid down the rooftop giving me enough momentum to jump from one to the other, Its not unusual for him to be coming around this time of year, right on time too. From rooftop to rooftop I watched as he climbed the sides of buildings and propelling himself to another wall until he reached the front of an arcade. It was here I halted my pursuit and watched from above as he climbed up the gates to Shimada Castle.