"Get over here." Scarlet Payne scolded through her teeth. Yvette scurried over before presenting herself like a true lady. The door opened and she was met with the face of four black haired figures.

"Ah, Scarlet, how've you been." A tall, thin woman spoke with a cruel voice.

"I've been grand Walburga, and i trust you've been well Orion?" She smirked evilly, making Yvette's stomach churn. The father of the family nodded with the same evil smirk. Walburga who Yvette assumed was the mother had a cruel undertone to her. In front of them stood two boys. One who looked around the same age as Yvette and one who looked a tad younger.

"How do you do Yvette?" Walburga smiled grimly and lowered her head to the small girl.

"I've been quite well thank you," She spoke quietly, sounding very rehearsed.

Atlas seemed to release some of the tension building inside him, his daughter didn't go and mess things up.

"These are my sons, Sirius and Regulus." She placed her hand firmly onto Sirius's shoulder, causing him to tense.

"Hello Yvette, nice to meet you." Regulus spoke, a little nicer than his mother.

"Nice to meet you as well," She replied, keeping her posture straight and her chin high.

Walburga smiled as they walked inside the manor. "You've trained her well Scarlet," She noted the manners of the girl.

"She's still got far to go," Atlas replied for his wife, slightly scowling at his daughter.

They walked outside into the garden. White and black roses lined the gardens edges, with a fountain in the middle. Ontop of the fountain was a statue. This statue was of Yvette's late Grandfather, Nyxydolf Payne. He stood on a pedestal held by muggles.

This statue clearly showed the Payne Families beliefs. When Nyxydolf
was alive and young, he murderer over 1,000 muggles for simply breeding with wizards. The Payne family had a history for violence and obedience.

On the back patio of the ground floor was a covered outside dining area. It was decorated with all things white and black, with roses lining up the middle. Glowing candles floated in the sky above.

"It looks wonderful," Walburga walked over and ran her fingers over the roses petals. The rest of the adults walked over with the children following close behind.

Before long, the Malfoy's had arrived and Yvette's aunt, uncle and cousin were standing near the table as well.

"Go play girl." Atlas sneered at his daughter, she winced and walked off with the other children.

They walked onto the lawn of the garden as it had stopped raining. No one said anything as they were all feeling miserable, maybe all except Regulus.

They made their way over to the statue and stared at it. Pure pain and terror came across Yvette's face as she glanced at it. It resembled her life, suffering.

"Too bad i'm not blood related to him," Lucius put a stop to the silence. The three turned to look at him.

"Why's that?" Regulus asked, a curious tone in his voice.

"He was a great man," Lucius beamed proudly, looking up at the statue.

Yvette and Sirius stared at Lucius in disbelief. "He tortured humans," Yvette replied, looking away from the blonde boy.

"Talking back? Wouldn't want uncle Atlas to find out." Lucius shrugged his shoulders with a hint of a threat.

Yvette stiffened at this, she shot him a glance of forgiveness. Sirius was fed up.

"Could you show me around Yvette?" The eldest Black brother spoke up for the first time.

"Yes," She replied back, with a confused look. Why is he taking me away?

"Great," He smiled and grabbed at eyes arm, dragging her to the other side of the lawn away from his brother and Lucius.

"Your not into the whole Pureblood thing too right?" He let go of her frail arm and started walking along the green moist grass.

Yvette looked up at him cautiously, this could be a trick. She joined him in walking, "Not really no, are you?" She glanced to the boy walking beside her.

"I think it's ridiculous," He spoke very theatrically, throwing his hands in the air. Yvette smiled slightly, this boy could be a nice change of scenery.

From one small conversation, a friendship blossomed, changing the Paynes life forever.

The brunch ended a while later, with Sirius and Yvette mingling the whole time. Their parents definitely noticed this and immediately scheduled another gathering.

"Goodbye Sirius," Yvette smiled and shook his hand politely. He smirked back and with that, the Blacks and Malfoy's left.

As soon as the door closed, a popping sound came from inside.

"Donati!" Scarlet beamed brightly as her second eldest son apparated inside.

"Mother, how was brunch?" The fourteen year old walked towards his proud parents. He was always the favourite by far.

Yvette had another brother though. His name was Delmar Payne and he would've been twenty one. At the age of fourteen he ran away from home, leaving with his lover. She was shunned from the family as she wasn't deemed pure enough.

Yvette had never met or seen her older brother, but according to her parents, he was a disgrace. To her this meant he was exactly like her.

"Go do your work," Scarlet shoved her seven year old towards the stairs. Yvette followed her mothers orders and walked to her room. She sighed as she sat down at her desk.

What would tomorrow hold for her exciting life?
___________________________

Well that was a bit cray cray. #Anyways, i'm re-writing all of this story so i unpublished pretty much the whole thing.

I'm in the middle of trying...no...going to shift to this era, so i really need to understand it more yk.

Anyways enjoy my lovely ladies and men and whatever you wanna be xoxo. 💋

Word count: 1577