Preface

The inferno surrounds me, the heat scorching my skin, searing my lungs with every panicked breath. Flames dance before my eyes, blinding in their brilliance, mesmerizing in their destructive power. They consume everything in their path, sparing nothing from their ravenous appetite.

The once sturdy roof above creaks and crackles as the fire smolders its pillars . It starts to give way, raining smoldering debris around me. I dive for cover, fiery embers singeing my clothes, my flesh. Searing pain shoots through my body but is nothing compared to the agony in my heart.

The windows explode from the pressure, shattered glass flying outward like shrapnel. The doors blacken and bow, fully engulfed. The silk curtains so lovingly hung now fuel the inferno, waving like victory flags heralding my defeat.

The armchair, my mother's sacred throne, erupts into woeful flames before my eyes. She will never sit there again, never run her fingers through my hair . Everything I held dear is gone, offered to the flames. I weep at the pyre of my memories, burning bright into the night.

My eyes dart around frantically, stinging from the thick smoke. They focus on the enormous chandelier as it sways violently above. The fire has eaten through the heavy rope securing it. I scramble desperately as it detaches, falling in slow motion, a lethal pendulum marking the end of an era. It shatters on the ground, sending razor-sharp shrapnel in all directions. One large shard embeds into my shoulder and I scream out in fresh anguish.

Clutching my wound, I stagger through the debris. Blood, sweat and tears mix on my face. I have lost all I had , but still my fool's quest continues. Because without her, I am already dead inside

She is my last hope in this darkness , she my whole world. As long as she is safe then maybe, just maybe, I can go on living. I will crawl through this hell if it means I can see her one last time.

The grand entrance rages in flames, slowly consuming my final escape. But how can I leave without her?

I scream her name crazily, my cries echoing through the hollow corridors met only by silence. My world crashes down as I search in vain, eyes glazing with despair. " Kaha ho tum Meerab , bas ek baar pukaro , ek baar ..... please ," I plead brokenly to the emptiness.

Agar marna hi hai aaj , toh use apni aankhon mein basa ke jayunga

Jab tak yeh sansein kayam hai ,tab tak use dhundta rahunga , chahe meri jaan hi kyu na chali jaye .....

Then I heard it. A faint voice calling my name. "Murtasim..." It's her, my Meerab , it is her voice , the sweetest sound I ever heard , the cooling balm that soothes my soul .

"Meri Meerab .....!" I cry back .
Just knowing she is alive allowed me to breathe again. The smoke do not choke me as before. My eyes shine with hope and happiness to see her standing there, one hand on her back, concealing something.

I take a step toward her, longing to embrace her.

But I stop short. Her eyes tell a tale of sorrow and regret. They reflect the dancing flames, twin infernos burning with an intensity I do not comprehend. This is not the comforting gaze I know so well. Something sinister lurks behind those eyes.

Paralyzed, I stand frozen in my place as flames dance and twirl around us. In an instant, my world shatters

From behind her back, she reveals the revolver, clutched in her quivering hands. The dark eye of the barrel stares deep into my soul as she levels it at my pounding heart.

"Meerab, tum yeh kya...?" My voice , a choked whisper, silenced by shock. Burning heartbreak mingles with the smoke flooding my lungs

The world narrows to just us two as flames rage all around. Her finger trembles on the trigger, her cheeks wet with tears. My own eyes cloud with sorrow and betrayal , still searching her gaze for answers .

"Meerab..." Her name escapes my lips once more, a desperate plea for mercy. But there is only cold resolve staring back.

" I'm sorry , Murtasim . This was the last chapter of my revenge ."

With frightening calm , she tightens her grasp on the pistol, her hands now steady and resolved. When she speaks, her voice rings hollow, like words echoing up from an open grave. Yet even as her tone conveys chilling finality, tears continue to stream down her cheeks in ceaseless rivers. Her eyes are twin pools of anguish, betraying the torment that wars within.

I know somewhere behind the mask of stoic calm, she is broken, shattered by trauma and loss.

Yet my mind splinters . The woman before me is not my love. She is some vengeful specter that has taken the place of my once-gentle Meerab.

I open my mouth to speak but she shush me with her eyes. "Ho sake toh maaf kardena ," she whispers with a quivering voice .

Her finger moves. The blast of the gunshot drowns all other sound. My body seizes in agonizing pain then collapses on the floor .

Her eyes widen in horror , her mouth agapes in shock as the bullet tears through me. A choked whisper escapes her lips

Murta-sim .....

With my last ounce of strength I reach for her, wishing only to see the light return to her eyes one more time before the darkness takes me.

And then my world fades, her name on my lips... Meri Mee-rab ......

______________________________________

A/N : Hey readers, I've always been a fan of Tere Bin and have tried to write some fan fiction in the past, but have always struggled. This time, I've finally decided to give it another shot. Here was the Preface of my first Tere Bin fan fiction. I hope you enjoyed it. Please leave your feedback and constructive criticism in the comments.

Thank you!