╠51╣ [RYO & RYU]

*MEANWHILE WITH AZURA*

Azura lay on the animal skin spread out on the cave floor, her body shivering from the cold. Her temperature had dropped significantly, and her skin felt icy, like snow.

Two men were standing a short distance away, exchanging glances filled with tension.

"What did I do?" the man with white hair asked, looking at the blonde guy.

"Why do you ask?" the other man replied coolly.

"You just look ready to rip my head off, Ryo," the white-haired man, Ryu, said, trying to lighten the mood.

"No, that’s just my natural expression, Ryu," Ryo sighed, running a hand through his hair. "But seriously, why did you bring her here?"

Ryu took a deep breath and explained, "I was out walking, saw a trail of blood, and found her in a burrow surrounded by it. When I touched her, I realized how cold she was. She needs to warm up."

Ryo nodded, absorbing the information. "Still, of all times to show up, she had to come here during our heat. It's rough for both of us just being in the same room. I’m surprised you managed to come back to the cave without losing your mind."

"I know. Just because we’re in heat doesn’t mean I’d let her die there," Ryu replied. Ryo nodded in agreement.

"It was all going smoothly. We had our heat under control with meditation and whatever else, until you found her. Now all my instincts are screaming to claim her, but I know that’s not right without her consent," Ryo said, anger creeping into his voice as he stomped his foot in frustration.

Ryu could only sigh. He understood Ryo’s frustration. Having a female around made it difficult to control their primal urges that they had kept suppressed their whole lives. Things could get messy for her, but if she consented, it might be worth it. But first, she needed to be awake.

Plus, they had no idea about her mental state, especially after what she had just gone through—a miscarriage.

While they discussed the situation, Azura’s eyes fluttered open. She found herself in an unfamiliar place that looked like a cave, not her home. Memories of recent events flooded back, causing her to sit up abruptly. She felt panic rise as she realized her child was gone, her own foolishness contributing to that loss. She covered her stomach with her hands, tears streaming down her face.

Ryo and Ryu turned their attention to her. "Oh, she’s awake!" Ryu said, stepping closer, but Azura instinctively backed away, fearing they might be connected to Rosa's men, despite not remembering them clearly.

"She’s scared. Back off, Ryu," Ryo instructed, observing Azura’s reaction.

Ryu stepped back. "I don't know what you're scared of, but you’re safe here," Ryo assured her. Azura still looked skeptical but eventually nodded once she felt more convinced.

She continued to shiver from the cold. Ryo decided it was best to be straightforward with her. He was in heat, and the thoughts swirling in his mind made him uneasy. Despite her rough state, bloodied and trembling, he still found her beautiful, and that felt wrong. He could help her heal, but it meant touching her—and given their current situation, consent was everything. One wrong move could lead to an unthinkable outcome.

In this world, desires are a force that few can resist, and Ryo and Ryu were no different. Their cravings were undeniable.

"Listen, miss," Ryo said bluntly to Azura, who was still reeling from the recent tragedy surrounding Rosa. "We’re sorry for what you’ve lost, but your body temperature is dangerously low. If you want to survive, you need to warm up. We’re currently in heat, and if you allow us, this could be mutually beneficial for all of us. I won’t lie—there’s a chance we might become your mates after this, something we’ve been trying to avoid for years. But honestly, just being here in front of us is testing our will. You can refuse, of course, but that means choosing death. So what’s it going to be?"

Azura took a moment to absorb his words. She had just woken up in a strange place, grappling with the aftermath of her loss. Her body felt cold, a sensation she couldn’t shake. Did she really want to die and leave her mates behind? She shuddered at the thought of experiencing death again. The memories she shared with her mates fueled her will to live, despite her pain.

She glanced at Ryo and Ryu; they looked sincere, and she recognized that they were offering her a chance to survive. In truth, she was numb, consumed by self-loathing. If it came down to it, she wouldn’t mind being used by these men. The love she had for her mates conflicicted with her fear of facing them and having to tell them about their lost child. The thought of their reactions, especially Leon's, weighed heavily on her heart.

Asher's earlier words echoed in her mind, reminding her of how he’d feel if anything happened to her.

Would they blame her? Would they hate her for what had happened?

"Yeah," she finally admitted, her voice barely above a whisper. "I think they would."

The weight of her reality hung heavily in the air, and in that moment, her choices became starkly clear.

[ A/n : what do you think about this one ? ]