fourteen

I navigate the endless corridors of the  Tower, my mind a whirlwind of emotions as the upcoming mission to Sokovia looms large in my thoughts. 

I told the team I wanted to do an internship at Shield starting tomorrow. In reality, I just wanna find a way to follow them to Sokovia. They think they know what they're about to face but they seriously don't. It confuses me that even Nat thinks so.

As I pass by Thor, his towering frame a formidable presence in the room, I can't help but offer him a warm smile

"Hey there, big guy," I greet him with a playful grin, my tone light and teasing.

Thor returns the smile with a hearty chuckle, his booming laughter filling the air. 

"Ah, Lady Anastasia, always a pleasure to see your radiant face," he replies jovially, his voice booming with warmth and humor.

I feel a surge of affection for the God of Thunder, his larger-than-life personality a welcome distraction from the mounting tension that threatens to consume me.

"I see you're gearing up for the mission," I observe, gesturing to the array of weapons and armor that surrounds him.

Thor nods, his blue eyes sparkling with excitement. 

"Aye, I am prepared to face whatever challenges lie ahead," he declares, his voice full of confidence.

Clint approaches us, his bow slung over his shoulder. "Hey, Tasia," he greets me with a friendly nod. 

"You ready to kick some Hydra butt, Thor?"

I grin at Clint's enthusiasm, feeling a surge of adrenaline coursing through my veins. 

As the team continues to prepare for the mission, Tony Stark, clad in his Iron Man suit, walks into the room with his usual attitude. 

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Little Romanoff," he quipped, a playful smirk playing on his lips. 

"My name is Anastasia" I sigh.

"Yeah, no."

"Just ignore it. He has nicknames for all of us.", Clint laughed

"Legolas here is right. 'Little Romanoff' might be a little uncreative but just gimme some time. I'll come up with something good sooner or later.

"Legolas?"

"Don't ask", Clint said, rolling his eyes. "You ready to save the world?"

I can't help but laugh at Tony's irreverent humor. "I suppose so" Tony replies replies,

"Just try not to blow anything up this time, okay?", I say amused

Tony feigns in offense, placing a hand over his heart in mock hurt. "Hey, I make no promises," he retorts, his tone playful. "But don't worry, I'll be sure to leave the explosions to Thor."

Thor chuckles, giving Tony a good-natured pat on the back that nearly makes him fall over. "Fear not, Lady Anastasia, for I shall do my best to keep the destruction to a minimum," he declares, his voice booming with laughter.

"Just be prepared. The twins have been through a lot. They do not like strangers. Right now they are working for Hydra, but trust me, they're good people. And don't underestimate the dangerousness of this mission." I say. They still don't understand how much they need me.

Thor nods, a sense of determination shining in his bright blue eyes. "Aye, we must be prepared for whatever challenges lie ahead," he declares solemnly, his voice filled with unwavering resolve.

I offer him an encouraging smile "I have no doubt that you practiced hard and saved the world multiple times but just trust me with this. Be careful" 

I leave the boys to go find Pepper. She's in her office preparing for an upcoming trip to Chicago.

"Hey, Pepper," I greet her with a warm smile, my tone tinged with sadness. 

"I heard you're heading out soon."

Pepper nods, and a faint smile graces her features despite the weight of her responsibilities. 

"Yes, I have some business to attend to in Chicago," she explains, her voice tinged with regret. "But I wanted to say goodbye."

My expression softens as I embrace my friend. 

"I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too."

Pepper pulls back, her eyes twinkling with mischief. "Oh, and one more thing," she whispers conspiratorially, leaning in close. "Your suit is in your closet. Just be careful, okay?"

I haven't told anyone, so I don't know how Pepper knows about my plan.

My eyes widened in surprise. "How did you know?" 

"I know you well enough. So does your sister." 

A grateful smile tugs at my lips. "Thank you, Pepper," I say, my heart swelling with gratitude.

I spend my time with Pepper until I watch her leave in a chic black car, heading to the airport.

I go back inside and cross paths with Steve. It seems impossible to avoid him. I sigh. I'm still mad at him. He just looks at me uncomfortably. 

"Anna...", starts but Tony enters at the right moment to interrupt him.

"Ah, little Romanoff and Capsicle," he quips, his sarcasm dripping like honey. "What's got you two all worked up? Still arguing?"

I shoot Tony a withering glare, my patience already worn thin by Steve's protective tendencies. "None of your business, Stark," I retort, my voice laced with thinly veiled irritation.

Tony shrugs off my hostility with practiced ease, his grin widening into a mischievous smirk. 

"Hey, I get it. You could cut the romantic tension with Cap's shield," he laughs, winking exaggeratedly. 

"I'd say get a room, but I don't think the Tower has enough space for your emotional rollercoaster." he teases, waggling his eyebrows suggestively.

I roll my eyes, resisting the urge to give Tony a piece of my mind. Or fist.

"Once again, just trying to lighten the mood. You should try it sometimes", Tony shrugs.

"Oh, trust me, Tony, if I wanted to lighten the mood, I'd just tell Steve one of your jokes," I fire back, my tone dripping with sarcasm. 

"But then again, I don't think even he deserves that kind of punishment."

Tony holds up his hands in mock surrender "Okay, okay. I get it."

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧⋆ 。˚⋆

A/N: We're approaching Age of Ultron (one of the best ones in my opinion) yay, I'm so excited to see where this will be going! xoxo, Nastja <3

P.S.: don't forget to vote and comment :)