four

.•° ✿ °•.

It's been four weeks since I've last seen Melina. Dreykov is pleased, he thinks I'm back to being one of his weapons. I often think about what Melina said. I know something is going on, but I can't figure out what. She told me to wait for the right moment, that everything would make sense but my trust in her fades daily. 

Let's just say it's really been hell. This is the first time in years that I fully understand my actions. I hurt and kill and this time I don't have the excuse of being mind-controlled. This is my own true self and it disgusts me. But it is necessary so Dreykov doesn't suspect anything. 

• • • • • • •

Meanwhile in the Avengers Tour (Natasha's pov)

"Steve, I can't ask you to do that. You are really underestimating the situation. I don't even know if Nastja is alive. Last time I heard from Melina was a month ago." I sigh because I know that I can't change his mind. "The red room is an extremely dangerous facility. It's literally filled with people like me." I chuckle, "Of course, they're not as good as me but, you know, intimidating enough." 

He laughs. "So first of all you are not asking me to do anything, I ask you to take me with you.", he says. "and secondly, I know what it feels like to loose someone you love and I also know the small hope that lives inside your heart, trying to find peace in believing our loved one is still alive and waiting for us. I want to help you prove your heart right." A sad smile crept it's way on his face. 

He's talking about her. I don't know a lot about her, only that he truly loved her and still does. She died shortly after Steve crashed the plane but he was never able to accept her death.

"Thank you", I say tears in my eyes. "Is that a yes?", he chuckles. "I'm only doing this to get to see you get torn apart by some widows. I imagine it quite amusable." With that I stand up and walk across the room. "I need to ask Fury for one of his toys. Do you think he'd be really mad if we demolish it?" 

I'm about to leave my room when I glance at the bookshelf right next to the door. "Have I ever shown her to you?", I ask Steve, turning around. "Who?" "Anastasia. Or Nastja. Have I ever shown you a picture?" He gets up and walks towards me. "I don't think so", he says, so I pull out a book and open it, waiting for the little picture to fall on the ground. 

While I pick it up I tell him: "When I met her she was about 20, maybe 21, I don't know they wiped her memory off completely. She was initially a HYDRA experiment but they gave her to the red room to train." He flinches as I mention the people who murdered the love of his life and experimented on his best friend. I try to ignore it as I know how much Steve hates to talk about that time.

I look at the Photo in my hand, admiring my sisters perfect caramel colored curls and warm brown eyes. We look happy, standing in front of a big Christmas tree with tons of presents underneath. Only we know that those were empty. 

I slowly give the picture to the Captain. He smiles at me but when he looks at the photo his face grows a undefinable expression. Before I can say anything he hands the photo back to me and leaves me in my room

"Cap!", I yell, running after him. "What's wrong?" "Nothing really. Sorry that was rude I just remembered I promised Sam to run with him." "Okaaay. You know you can tell me if something bothers you. What did you say again the other day? 'that's what friend's are for' ?" "Exactly", he smiles and goes to meet Sam. 

• • • • • • •

A/N: Ahhh, It's getting interesting. Don't forget to vote and comment <3

°•. ✿ .•°