seven

Natasha's pov:

After landing successfully on the deck of the avengers tower, I turn around, facing my sister. I can tell she's extremely nervous. 

"Hey, it's okay. You are safe now. We are going to introduce you to the team and Fury. We have to figure out how much we can tell Shield, so they don't arrest you."

 A shocked expression unfolds over her face. 

"Zaya, it's completely fine. I have everything under control. In this building no one wants to harm you. We all know that you didn't want to do this but it might take some time until others understand that, okay?" 

I walk over and hug my beautiful little sister.

"Я люблю тебя" (I love you)

I smile and take her hand as we leave the helicopter and start to head inside, Steve following us. He's really been acting weird since we rescued Nastja. I fully understand that it must have been a shock to learn what she was trained for but still. He would normally still have his manners.

As we walk in, Pepper greats us with a big smile. She hugs my sister tightly and I look at her shocked but happy face. 

"Not a hugger?" Pepper asks, "I'm sorry but you'll have to get used to it." 

"No, no. Sorry. I love hugs," Nastja laughs. "I'm just not used to it anymore."

Pepper takes her hands in hers. "You poor soul. We'll take great care of you, I promise" 

"Pepper, she's not a little child!" I scoff. 

"So?" Pepper asks with puppy eyes. We all break into laughter until Tony walks in.

"You're laughing and it's not because of one of my hilarious jokes?", he asks. 

"Believe it or not but we also have fun without you." Pepper smiles. 

"You mean especially without him.", I whisper, earning another laughter from both women. 

"What was that Romanoff?" 

"I said we have lots of fun, especially without you." 

"Hey! Watch your mouth! I can fire you anytime!"

"No you can't", Steve says. I completely forgot he was here too. 

"What?" Tony grins. 

"You cannot fire her because you are not the head of this team.", the Captain scoffs. 

"And who is?" 

"Me."

"Oh yea right. Not that it would make more sense to make the one who pays for all of it boss. No, no it makes perfect sense that an old grandpa is in control. Absolutely."

I laugh and am soon joined by Pepper.

"Back to where I was.", Tony turns to look Nastja in the eyes. "Wo the heck are you. Can I have your number?" 

"Oh shut up, Tony" 

"Sorry, just an old habit", he says, winking at my sister.

Nastja and I will share a room fir now. Not that there isn't enough space, there's actually plenty but I thought it was a good idea to help her adapt. We lie down on the bed together. Staring at the ceiling 

"So this is your home?" she asks turning her head to the side. 

"Yes, for the past 2 and a half years." 

"Tell me about it." 

"About what?" 

"Your life. What happened after you left the red room. How the fuck did you become an avenger. I swear to god this is so cool."

"Well after I left I spend some time in Europe trying to determine my next steps. I had nowhere to go so I took some smaller jobs. Easy tasks, a lot of money. It all went okay I guess until Clint came. For reference, I really wanted to stop doing what I did. Wanted to become a 'good person'. At least as much as possible. Well Clint was sent to kill me, because appereantly I was a threat to Shield. You will meet Clint soon. Hopefully tonight." 

My sister smiles at me. She can tell how thankful I am for him.

"Anyways, he had mercy and instead of killing me he brought me with him and I became an agent. I did some top secret stuff until I was recruited to spy on Stark for a bit. That was shortly after he publicly announced that he was Ironman. You probably heard of that, right?" 

Nastja nods "Of course. It is, no, it was my job." 

"Well my mission was to determine if he could be part of the so called 'Avengers Initiative'." 

"Fancy name", she chuckles. 

"I know right? I have to admit I was not so sure about him in the beginning. But when Loki attacked New York we didn't have any other choice than to make the Avengers reality.

So we recruited Banner, the Hulk as well as Steve, Stark and Clint. They wanted Shield to be involved, if you know what I mean. And lastly Thor delighted us with his presence. We fought, won and ate Shawarma. I really need to show you this place. It's crazy good."

"What? Oh yes sure. Sorry I wasn't listening to the last part. What do you wanna show me?" my sister says with a tired smile.

I laugh. "Not important" 

"I'm really sorry, I'm just tired." 

"Sureee.", I grin. "You should shoot your shot." 

"Wait what?" She sits up, looking at me confused. 

"Oh come on you know what I'm talking about. I saw how you looked at Steve" 

"Shut up!", she laughs, throwing a pillow in my face.

"And stop feeding my delusions, he hates me!" 

"Stop lying to yourself!" I sing. Another pillow smacks my face. I throw it back. Harder of course. 

"You're so pretty. You should really try. It might distract you a little bit!", I say laughing at her red face.

"Hey, sorry to interrupt but Stark wants a team meetup." 

We both scream in surprise before I break down laughing. Banner is standing in the door. 

"And bring her with you", he says, pointing at Nastja. "We'll be there in a second!" He leaves.

My sister looks absolutely terrified. A smoking pillow in her hand. 

"Zaya, what the..", I start but she interrupts me, making her face from frightened to completely calm in the blink of an eye. Damn.

"Talk about it later, ok?" We stand up and I leave the room with her by my side. I missed her so incredibly much.

A/N: 104 readers! Yay! I'm so excited to write this story. I have the whole plot ready and let me tell you, it's gonna be an emotional rollercoaster lol. - Lots of Love, Nastja 

P.S.: don't forget to vote and comment <3