"! Thank you very much!"

"...Kuh!" <So this is how having your daughter help you at work feels like!>

At Lysette's bright smile, the head chef couldn't help but feel like a dad for a moment.

"Ahem! First, Lady Lysette, I need to see what your skill level is so that I can from where we need to start! So, your first task will be to make an omelet!"

"! Got it!"

Lysette got herself up, and washed her hands, since she knew what was used to make an omelet, she felt rather confident to be able to finish her task, so she picked a few eggs and went closer to the stove, then she picked up a frying pan, put oil in it, and then broke the eggs open inside the pan, and when she was about to start the stove, before the head chef stopped her.

"Wait, Lady Lysette. Do you what type of stove this is?"

"Eh?... ... ... A magical one?"

"Correct, so you need to watch out on the amount of mana you release because if you put too much, you can end up hurting yourself, so be extra careful with it"

"Understood, teacher!"

Properly listening to the head chef, Lysette concentrated herself on putting as little mana as possible on the stove, as she turned it on, and then...

*FWWWOOOOOOSSSSSSSHHHHHH!!!*

" " "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!" " "

A large pillar of fire was summoned causing everyone in the kitchen to scream in terror. The Head Chef, being the first one to break away from the shock, quickly invoked a water ball and launched it on the pillar of fire, which to everyone's relief, was put out.

"... T-Teacher, i-is that supposed t-to h-happen a-at m-minimum m-mana output?"

"... No... Rather... That's not even supposed to happen at maximum mana output..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

Everyone could only stand in silence at the weirdness of the situation, the magical stove they used, was of the highest quality and never caused such an incident before. So that only left Lysette's mana as the culprit, and there was only thing to be done at that.

"Lady Lysette, from now on we'll only be using non-magical equipment and utensils for your lessons, and in case we need to use one, I'll be the one handling them"

"... Understood..."

Lysette felt pretty guilty at the commotion she caused by accident, even though she did exactly as the Head Chef asked her to do so... As for the omelet she was supposed to do... All that could be said was that there was no more frying pan to speak of, let alone an omelet.

.

.

.

Back to the present

"... Lady Lysette, keep working hard as you always do, and I'm sure you'll be able to make the best meal for your fiancé soon enough. And besides, it has just been some days, and not everyone masters something in such a short time"

"... *Nods* You're right, it has just been some days since I started learning"

Feeling slightly less dejected, Lysette lifted her face and showed a face filled with determination.

"..." <Don't cry me. I'm not a dad to be feeling emotional over my disciple learning how to handle consecutive failures>

"Ah! It's almost time for me to go help clean the hallways! Teacher, I apologize for this, but if you excuse me, I must get going now!"