🍎 Maid!Reader 🍎

I was cleaning around the Morningstar Mansion as Lucifer was constantly crafting his collection of rubber ducks. I secretly had feelings for the young king and wished I was with him. However, I respected his wishes and once he was married and had a child, I was heartbroken, but an old friend of mine told me "always wear a smile, even in hardest of times." Lilith called a divorce and took his daughter with her. That caused Lucifer to go into a deep depression, but I was here to take care of Lucifer. I was finishing up dusting a bookshelf and I didn't hear from Lucifer for a couple of hours so I decided to make him some apple tea.

I made the tea and made some apple cookies for Lucifer and got a tray to bring to him. I knocked on the door gently and opened it with my elbow. I went in and saw Lucifer at his desk, working on paperwork and feeling disheveled. I sat the tray down beside him and patted his shoulder. "Hmm? Oh (Y/N), you startled me." "Hello sir. I was wondering if you would like to have a break and have some apple tea and cookies." His eyes widened with happiness and pulled up a table for the tray. "Thank you so much my maid. Please sit beside me." I smiled with generosity as I sat beside him. I reached to fix his blonde hair away from his eyes. Lucifer smiled at me as I tucked his hair back into place.

"My maid, I appreciate what you have done for me," Lucifer smiled as he took a sip of the apple tea. "Yet I wonder why you stay with me?" I looked at him with curious eyes and said "Because you need someone to look after the mansion and I love to clean." Lucifer wiped his mouth clean and smiled at me with his beautiful eyes. "I appreciate that very much. Now I must get back to my paperwork". I frowned as I took the tray and wanted to suggest that he should take the rest of the night off, but his serious eyes told me to stay in my lane as I took the tray back to the kitchen.

9 pm

I was about to turn in for the evening and got myself dressed into my pajamas, but Lucifer was still in his office. I took a peek into his office, but saw no sign of him. I walked in looking around for him, but my eyes landed on his desk. A cute little rubber ducky with a top hat was in front of me. My eyes lit up with glee, only to look up at the picture of Lucifer, Lilith, and his daughter, Charlotte or Charlie as she is commonly refered to. My heart ached for seeing Lucifer so depressed and how much pain he was that day when his wife separated from him and wanted a divorce. I didn't hear the door open as I was focused on the picture.

"(Y/n)? What are you doing up this hour?", Lucifer asked as I turned around in shock. "Sorry sir, I was looking for you. I wanted to ask if you would get some sleep for the evening?" Lucifer came closer to me as his waistcoat was off and his sleeves were rolled up. His blonde hair was messier than when I last saw him. Lucifer took my hand as I looked at him with worry. "Sir? Is something wrong?" Lucifer stroked my hand gently and walked us both out of his office. I didn't want to ask anything else as he had my hand in a firm, but not hard grip. We went into his bedroom and he set me down on a sofa while he rubbed his eyes with his index finger and thumb.

"(Y/n), I think there is more than cleaning here at my mansion. I think it's time for you to go out and see Hell while I stay here and contemplate my life." I looked at him with worry. "What do you mean sir?" Lucifer growled and looked away from me. "I'm saying you can go now. Leave me and live your life outside of my mansion." My eyes were watering and my throat had a lump in it. "No sir. I can't leave you! I don't want to leave you!" Lucifer turned to me with wide eyes and sat down beside me. "Why? Why do you want to spend your life here cleaning and not doing anything outside of the mansion?" I looked away as my tears streamed down my cheeks. "Because sir- Lucifer- I have had feelings for you for a long time. I LOVE YOU!!"

Lucifer looked at me with surprise as I finally confessed my feelings towards him. My hands went to my eyes as I bawled in front of him. I felt Lucifers hands touch my arms and I tensed up, thinking that he was going to throw me out of the mansion. Lucifer began to stroke my arms with one hand while the other lifted my chin up to face him. "How long did you have feelings for me?" I looked at him as he got out a handkerchief out from his pocket and wiped my tears away. "For 9 years...," I said as he gave me a smile and kissed my hands gently. "Well my sweet girl, would you care to be mine?" I smiled as we closed the gap between our lips gently. We separated for a bit and I felt Lucifers arms wrap themselves around my body as he picked me up and set me on the bed.

"(Y/n), you get to sleep here tonight." I looked at him with surprise. "But sir, I mean Luci, what about my room?" Lucifer chuckled at my nickname for him. "Already starting with the nicknames, hmmm? Tomorrow we'll get your stuff into my bedroom. For now I want to cuddle with my girl for the evening." I blushed as he got dressed into his pajamas and settled down beside me while switching the light off. I yawned as Lucifer brought me towards his chest, stroking my hair gently as I was lulling off to sleep. "Good night, my love."

Next Morning

I woke up and I was thinking that last night was a dream, until I saw I was in Lucifers bedroom. I checked the time and panicked as I was late to make breakfast. "Oh no! I'm late!" I was about to get up until I was brought back down to Lucifers chest. "Ten more minutes, dear." I felt Lucifer kiss the top of my head as he stroked my hair. I looked at him with comfort as I saw him relaxed. I smiled as I gave him a kiss on the collarbone and fell back asleep.