Amity's Very Own Chapter! (Ft. Boscha)

Start from the beginning

"I-I'm okay. I'm fine." Amity breathed shakily.

Boscha stared at her for a couple more seconds before slowly looking back over to Luz, Emira, and Edric.

They must have missed something, because there was suddenly a secret room visible. Boscha was confused, but Amity was nervous. Nervous and angry, but mostly nervous.

"Your clubhouse is like, my ultimate secret hideaway!" Luz spouted, in admiration. 

Edric rolled his eyes. "We don't hang out in a library. 'Uh, teacher, I'm in love with a dictionary!'"

"'I'm studying the dork arts!'" Emira mocked, causing the twins to share a laugh at Amity's expense. "No, this is Amity's secret hideaway."

Amity sighed in defeat. And waited for Boscha to mock her. But she didn't...?

"What? You think I care you hang out with books in your spare time?" Boscha scoffed. "As far as I'm concerned, this is just an employee's only room."

Amity sighed in relief, and focused back on the trio. She could make out Edric and Emira laugh, but she didn't know why. 

"What?? Isn't that taking it a bit too far?" Luz asked, concerned.

"No. We're her family. It's tough love." Emira shrugged. "She needs to learn to lighten up."

Luz's eyes narrowed. "Uh, w-well, I definitely don't see any diaries in here!" She put her hands on her hips and faux smiled.

Amity's heart skipped a beat. They're looking for her diary

Boscha's eyes narrowed in anger. They're looking for her DIARY?!

"That's it!" Boscha prepared a fire spell. "They're going down."

Amity smacked Boscha's hand. "BOSCHA! Don't burn the library down!"

"Ow..." Boscha rubbed her hand. 

Amity's eyes flickered to concern to anger to back to concern before settling on stoic. "Are you okay?" Amity asked, half-heartedly.

"OoH, vIoLeNcE iS bAd, yOu sHoUlDn'T bE sO vIoLeNt AlL ThE tImE!"  Boscha snarled. "Hypocrite."

"You were literally going to shoot fire at my siblings! I had to!" Amity persisted.

Boscha rolled her eyes and looked away. "Just tell me not to next time..." She whispered to herself.

Amity groaned. "Show me your hand."

"Excuse me??" Boscha recoiled.

"Before I change my mind!" Amity exhorted.

Boscha hesitated, not really trusting any act of 'kindness', but held her hand out anyway.

Amity touched Boscha's hand, which made her wince slightly. "I guess I don't know my own strength..."

"Yeah, I'm sure you get real strong carrying around purple... goo all day!" Boscha blurted.

Amity looked at Boscha unamused. "Wow. Great comeback. 10/10. Really hurt my feelings."

"You can just, shut...!" Boscha glared at Amity.

"Ow, my feelings are so hurt, oh no, you're so caustic." Amity put her hand on her head in mock offense.

Boscha groaned, before struggling and failing to resist snickering. "Shut up, you brainless bookworm." She replied, in a more lighthearted tone than her usual remarks.

Amity smirked lightly, until she heard the sound of her own voice coming from where Luz and the twins were. "I saw that... human girl again."

Boscha and Amity's heads immediately snapped towards the area.

The diary.

"Ever since that night at the Covention... I can't-" Diary Amity's thoughts were abruptly cut off by Luz closing the book. "Nope. Not doing this." Luz announced.

"...What've you got there, Luz?" Edric asked in suspicion.

Luz hid the diary behind her back. "Nothing! Just, um, a Good Witch Azura 5 where she goes goth, and stuff."

Amity was surprised that Luz was trying to protect her secrets, but her admiration was quickly cut off by Boscha. "What's a 'Good Witch Azura'? Sounds like freakish propaganda."

"It's not propaganda!" Amity noticed her passion towards the topic and quickly tried to recall it. "It's just, like, a book series that I may or may not be super into..." She found herself faltering the more she explained the situation.

"Wait... is it that geeky cartoon book that everybody who's a nobody talked about, like, 10 years ago??" Boscha stifled a chuckle, and before Amity could respond, she continued. "Oh my titan, you're a nerd!" She started laughing, almost on instinct.

Amity's cheeks reddened. "For your information, it's a graphic novel!" Her defensiveness only made Boscha laugh harder, which she quickly tried to stifle as to not give their position away. 

"Sorry, sorry sorry sorry..." Boscha couldn't help but lightly giggle a bit more before finally stopping. "You can be into geeky trash like that. It's cool."

Amity's eyes narrowed. "So what was the laughing about?"

Boscha stifled another chuckle. "It's just... a bit unusual, is all." Her face grew serious when she saw what Luz and co were doing. "Amity. Look."

Amity turned around and saw her diary pages scattered across the floor, all being personified due to the Wailing Star.

Boscha looked Amity dead in the eyes. Amity nodded, seemingly understanding what Boscha was thinking.

Without any further adieu, Boscha walked over to the three. 

"HEY, TWERPS!"