Part 12

I moved my hand down to Dan's arm as I hugged him, his hand felt cold to the touch. 'His body couldn't be this cold' I thought to myself. I continued getting the sense something wasn't right so I finally broke away from Dan's embrace.
I took a few steps away as he looked at me confused, not saying a word.
"I have to go to the house, we need to get cleaned and patched up" I stuttered out as I began turning myself around in the direction of the house.
"Hey, wait!" Dan yelled out. "You're going to call the police, aren't you?"
I turned myself around and could see his hideous grin... the demon fooled me.

I started gasping for air and running towards the house, each painful step and movement made me cry and yell.
I kept running until I tripped on a stone at the side of the driveway, I cried and screamed as I fell to the ground. As I was trying to bring myself back up to my feet I noticed Dan was no longer behind me. I looked around me but he was nowhere to be seen, "Oh shit" I mumbled out under my breath.
Dan must be in the house waiting for me already, I had to go somewhere else. I turned to my side and noticed a barn across the farm, let's hope there's a phone and a place to hide.
As I stepped inside the barn I immediately started to run towards what seemed to be a small work shop, the barn was full of tools and field equipment, combines and tractors, you name it. I walked into the work shop and immediately started to throw everything off the table, searching for a phone, for anything.
I started pulling tools off from the wall, looking for a landline. But my search came to a short stop when I started hearing a phone ringing. A confused expression came over my face as I began walking across the room towards the ringing. As I approached the wall across the room I began pushing the tools off the wall, behind them sure enough was a phone mounted on the wall ringing.
I slowly reached my hand out and grabbed the phone, I let out a deep breath before moving the phone to my ear. "Hello?" I mumbled out,
"Hello, Nadine. You cannot escape me. I will find you and I will tear you apart if that's what it takes you worthless bitch you can't-" I threw the phone against the wall as the demon began screaming at me.
I fell to my knees and started to bawl my eyes out, this was it, there's no use fighting and escaping. He knows my every move and where I am.
I looked down at my belly, the bump evident. I moved my hands down and started to cry some more, I couldn't let him kill my baby, I needed to keep trying.
I brought myself back up to my feet, breathing and wiping the tears away from my face. Beside me on the table was a screwdriver, I bit my lip and hesitated for a moment before taking it as I left the work shop.
I walked along the back wall of the barn, trying to keep hidden and quiet as I walked over tools, tractors and equipment.
I decided to hide behind a wooden crate in front of the combine machine, I tried to look in the opposite direction of the still blades that faced me from the machine.

A moment of silence and clarity, small amounts of hope, safety and stillness... this didn't last long.
The tractors, combine machine and all the electrical equipment in the barn seemed to come to life, all at once.
The lights on the ceiling sparked and lit up the barn, the tractor and combine engines began to rumble. Worst of all, the blades of the combine began to spin and grind before me.
Slowly, I brought myself up from behind the crate and started to walk away from the raring machine.
Before I could get out of range from the blade, I fell to the ground, screaming and yelling as I felt the pain of a bullet enter my leg.
I turned my head, facing the blood pouring out of my lower leg. My good leg was no longer of use... Fuck. I brought my attention up from my leg to see Dan standing behind me, smiling and holding a revolver in his hand.
"You fucker! Get out of Dan, now!" I screamed as I tried crawling in the opposite direction, moving was almost impossible on the concrete floor. Dan continued to laugh and slowly walked towards me, he seemed to be amused and get off on seeing me struggle.
"Dan is long gone and soon so will you, just give up. Your vessel will last me eternity and I'm never going to stop until I have you" Dan seemed to laugh these words out as he stared at me.
My injured arm was under my body, the screwdriver still clenched tight in my hand. Tensions arose and I stopped moving and lay still, waiting for the opportunity. The combine seemed to spin faster and faster, the blades not six feet away from the both of us.
"I've let you suffer enough, I'll end your life now" Dan muttered out as he walked over and leaned towards me.
I clenched the screwdriver tighter and let out a cry before flipping my body over and jabbing the screw driver into Dan's stomach.

Dan walked back towards me, he started kicking me and screaming my name. I was starting to get used to the constant injuries and piercing pains.

Dan took a step back, groaned and pulled the screwdriver out of his stomach.He turned around and without hesitation pushed the tool deep into my stomach.

I screamed and cried like I never have before, the screwdriver remained lodged deep inside of me. "The baby!" I screamed and spat at Dan as he stood over me smiling.

Without a second of hesitation I stuck out my leg towards Dan as hard as I could, kicking him back into the spinning blades. His entire body flung backwards and for a second I swear I was able to see the real Dan staring at me, pain and hurt in his eyes as his body met the spinning  blades.
I screamed and cried as his body was instantly grinded into small pieces, blood and gore spraying all over me in what felt like an endless motion.
"What the hell have I done" I muttered out as I stared at the stained red  blades.
I reached my hand down and pulled at the screwdriver, it took a few seconds but I finally was able to get it out. I continued to scream and cry as I lay motionless on the ground, blood pouring out of my body all over the cement floor around me.
I tried to stay awake, but my vision kept blurring and everything seemed to be fading away. I tried to move my hand, but it wouldn't move even a flinch.
I closed my eyes, this was it.
I'm going to die.