Secrets [3]

Minji's POV

We sat in silence for a while. I only focused on the creamy pasta dish under me, not paying any mind to the man in front of me. I noticed he tried to start a conversation with me a few times but I guess he found it too awkward. I just wanted to go home. It had been a long day and I wanted nothing more right now than a nice hot bath with wine.

"Minji"

I looked up with my eyes, not moving my face, still chewing my food.

"We should start planning our wedding." Soobin said nervously.

I quickly swallowed my food. I picked up a napkin and gently patted my lips, before reaching for the wine and taking a sip.

"You plan it." I said dryly.

I could see the disappointment on Soobin's face. But I couldn't care less right now.

"But Minji.."

"Listen Soobin. I'm really tired right now. I'm not in the mood to talk about any wedding." I sighed.

"I'm sorry, do you want to go home now?"

"Yes."

--------------------------------

I walked towards the door of his black Mercedes and reached out to open the door. Before I could even grab the handle, he rushed to open the door for me, even though I was more than capable of opening it myself.

Most of the ride home was done in silence. I had nothing else to say to him. And I guess he noticed I really wasn't in the mood for small talk because he kept silent too, focusing on nothing but the road ahead. I leaned my head on the cold tinted window of the car. The city looked beautiful, all the tall buildings and organized chaos of the traffic. I loved living in Seoul, although the traffic could be unbearable at times.

Suddenly, I had a change of heart.

"Soobin, take me to my sister's apartment." I said as I straightened up.

"What?" He did not sound pleased.

"I said, take me to my sister's place." I shot my death gaze at him. I knew he would always do as I said anyway.

"As you wish, Minji."

I heard him let out a little sigh, probably sick of my shit. But I didn't care. I didn't even want to be with him in the first place. I was sick of his shit too.

~~

We arrived at the front of my sister's apartment building. I quickly got out of the car and closed the door before Soobin could even say anything to me. I quickly walked inside the lavish building.

Before long, I was in front of her door. I rang the doorbell once. Twice. Three times. And yet, still no answer. My patience was really wearing thin. My feet were hurting so much from being in these stupid heels. I waited for a moment, debating. Then I rapidly rang the bell again without stopping. This would surely wake her up.

After a few seconds, the door swung open and the person standing behind it did not look happy whatsoever. I let myself in, trying to hide my smile at how disheveled and annoyed she looked.

"What an asshole!" She yelled.

I let out a chuckle as I let my body fall on the comfortable leather couch.

"What happened to calling before you decided to just show up at my house Minji?"

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes.

"Did you and Soobin get in another fight or something?"

I sighed. I truly didn't know how much more of this I could take. I didn't want to continue living this fake reality. I wanted to be alone. I'm at the peak of my career right now and the only thing holding me back is a man. Well, technically two men, Soobin and my stupid father. I truly can't wrap my head around as to how I ended up with a man. The thought of it alone made me cringe.