prologue: The Encounter

Start from the beginning

Sudden sound of thunder and blinding lightning interrupted his final snow-nap and then, a quirky, french song started to flow over the wasteland...

🎶 Alouette, gentille alouette,
Alouette je te plumerai.
Je te plumerai la tete.
Je te plumerai la tete. 🎶

he clad in a heavy, dark grey trenchcoat, black leather boots and black leather gloves. A shroud, a black gas mask with dual filters and purple goggles obscures zeer face. A commander's hat rests upon zeer head with a red band around it and a single, silver star ornament on the front side

 A commander's hat rests upon zeer head with a red band around it and a single, silver star ornament on the front side

"BONJOUR, MONSEIGNEUR!" the figure exclaimed, their voice muffled by the mask. "ZEE WEATHER IS RATHER LOVELY THIS SPRING, DON'T YOU FIND? WHY DO YOU LOOK RATHER SHABBY! DO YOU FANCY A TASTE OF BOURBON? NO? HOW ABOUT AN EXQUISITE JOB OPPORTUNITY WITH PARTIAL DENTAL BENEFITS AND POTENTIAL CHANCES OF ADVANCEMENT IN ZEE RANKS?"

Confused and disoriented, Skyler couldn't help but question the stranger's bizarre appearance.

"You are an odd hallucination," he muttered incredulously as the figure approached, extending a hand to help Skyler up.

"I AM ZEE CAPTAIN......ANOINTED SOVEREIGN, EMISSARY OF HUMANITY, PRESCIENT GOVERNOR, AND LADY OF ALL THINGS IN CAPTANIA, THE GREAT AND POWERFUL SYSTEM WIZARD! BEHOLD... CAPTANIA! YOU HAVE DISCOVERED YOURSELF IN A MOST PROSPEROUS PARADISE NATION OF DIGNIFIED LOVE! CONGRATULATIONS!" With that, Captain gestured towards the frozen wasteland in a long, dramatic pause.

"IT'S YOUR MOST LUCKY DAY!" The lunatic guy boomed. He don't know what going on, who is this guy and he don't understand what he saying

Skyler's brow furrowed in bewilderment. "What... are... you?" he managed to ask.

"SILLY CHAP!" the figure responded cheerfully. "I JUST TOLD YOU! I AM ZEE CAPTAIN! BUT I HAVE MANY OTHER JUICY TITLES WHICH CAN APPLY: YOUR GRACE, LADY OF THE LAKE, YOUR EXCELLENCE, YOUR AWESOMENESS, ZEE ALL-MIGHTY ONE, OR MY LIEGE... BUT ZEE CAPTAIN IS ALSO A MOIST SUFFICIENT TITLE!"

Skyler stared at the eccentric figure before him, struggling to comprehend the situation. "Okay... Captain," he replied tentatively, deciding it was best to humor the strange individual until he could figure out what was going on. "Can you tell me where I am and how I got here?"

The Captain's demeanor shifted slightly, a glint of uncertainty flickering behind zeer goggles. "Ah, mein dear Monseigneur, zis place is none other zan my beloved Realm of Captania! A realm of wonder, adventure, and... zee occasional inconvenience," zeer voice trailed off, momentarily faltering before quickly regaining its usual boisterous tone.

"But why am I here, in this place?" Skyler pressed, refusing to be deterred by the Captain's evasive response.

The Captain's expression turned somber, a shadow passing over zeer masked face. "Ah, you see, mein dear friend, zee reasons for such matters are often shrouded in mystery and whimsy. It is not for us to question zee workings of fate and destiny, but rather to embrace zee opportunities zat are presented to us!"