During the two months that Tama had been away, while everyone was doing an outstanding job, the village was clearly missing something important. It was for this reason that Tsunade found that she had to round up the more capable Jōnin and maybe a few Totsubeku Jōnin.

The Jōnin; Inuzuka Hana, Yamashiro Aoba, Nara Ensui, Maito Gai, Sarutobi Asuma.
The Totsubeku Jōnin; Mitarashi Anko, Hatake Kakashi, Akimichi Chōza, Yamanaka Inoichi, Nara Shikaku, Shizune, Shiranui Genma, Morino Ibiki, Inuzuka Tsume.

"We received a missive from the border. We have a problem.", Tsunade said.

...

"You know how the Uzumaki clan was killed off, child. Right? I was killed rather early on, son I didn't get to see the finaly days of the war.", a soft, old female voice said. There was a silhouette in the dim light of blue lamps, a frail figure was sat at a low table across from a much younger girl. The girl had a mask in her hand, a paintbrush in the other. She paused to look at the old woman before casting her eyes down once more.

"Mizu no Kuni went through a large scale civil war where the tried to absorb Uzushio into their ranks in fear of them joining Konoha. When this failed they went to war against them, and unfortunately, the Uzumaki clan had such great power and resources that even kekkei genkai were useless against them. As such, what with them being so close to the place, they were a threat to the resources, security, finances, and ultimately, its survival as a nation. Despite them initially not being part of the war, they had to do something about the clan, but they were too strong and unafraid to murder enemies in cold blood despite their largely docile and sagely temperament. Kirigakure had to bring in reinforcements and eventually got Kumogakure, Shimogakure, and Yugakure to join them. It was barely after Kushina oba-chan arrived in Kohona that the clan was almost completely wiped out.", Tama said, placing the mask onto the table. Mizubana hummed.

"Those Uzumaki clan folks' corpses in the village, that young man who welcomed us says that you saved them. How?", she asked. Tama smiled a small smile.

"It took me years to actually realise that they were still intact. When I initially found out about the experiment drive I was convinced that they weren't a part of it since they were all dead. I would conduct my own investigations and eventually found out that several shinobi villages were trying to use them to gain the upper hand in the conflicts of the shinobi villages. I immediately set out to find every last one of them and brought them here along with the rest of the war refugees. Them being dead was no issue, I got to work on repairing their bodies, hence their freshness despite having been dead for years.", she said softly, placing her hands on the table. Mizubana nodded.

"I see. You're sacrificing yourself for them. Like you did for that boy, Sasuke.", she said. She was clearly planning to revive them, something like how she made her a new body.

Tama raised her gaze slowly and looked into the woman's bright purple eyes, those eyes that looked just like her's. Not even Mika had such eyes. This woman...

"Why do you say that? I'm only doing what I think is right. They didn't deserve anything like what happened to them.", Tama said, averting her longing gaze. The old woman hummed as she looked out the window. The moon was especially bright tonight.

"I've lived inside you since you were born, and am linked to you by blood and courtesy of you being my successor as Noro. I know you, Tamakiku.", she said. She lowered her gaze to look at the girl. Tama frowned as if in thought. Mizubana smiled, perhaps it would be right to tell her the truth right now. She deserved it as well.

"Your grandmother was my granddaughter, you know."

Tama froze, look up at her, then hesitantly pursed her lips.

"She was the youngest of all my grandchildren. When Mika-chan left for Konoha, I was already very old, and died in battle when the war got serious. Her's was to succeed Mito-chan as the vessel of the Kyuubi no Kitsune, but my dear girl was only two years old then. I spent all my time neglecting my duty to the shrines by staying in the mainland and arguing with Ashina about what he had done. However, I knew Mito and trusted her, so I eventually had to convince myself that she would protect my precious grandchild. Even then I couldn't rest well. My daughter, her mother, was ill with worry for the longest time.

My descent into the battleground was based on heartache and grief. Mika-chan was half-orphaned and her mother, was forever in the frontlines. One might blame my rage on the ultimate destruction of Uzushiogakure, because by killing almost all of the enemies' shinobi I instilled fear and sparked rebellion in their barracks. In order to right my mistake, I sealed as many of them aways as possible, but my body was too weak to sustain the seal and stay alive, and so I died there and then. Mika-chan was as much Ashina's grandchild as she was mine, and I died with the belief that he did what was best for her. However, today, I realise that much more could have been done for her, the poor thing.", she said, holding Tama's wide eyed gaze.

"You...", she began, no emotion in her expression. At this, Mizubana smiled gently. She, more than anyone, knew how the girl felt. Tama stood up and walked to her side, before kneeling next to her. "Did she know it was you? That you were with her the whole time?"

Mizubana shook her head.

"I only reincarnated when Hono-kun was born, but he unfortunately didn't have the right amount of chakra to sustain us both. As a result, not only did I have to split my chakra, but I also had to lie low or else I would hurt him. I couldn't talk to him even without the seal, which Mika only put on him when she sealed the fox him."

At this, Tama seemed disappointed, but she quickly collected herself and rose to her feet.

"Being your reincarnation meant he had a duty to fulfil. Did my father at least do it?", she asked. Mizubana smiled beamishly at this question. She looked up at the girl and found she was actually curious. Good, curious minds asked all the right questions.