"The inauguration," she clarifies.

"Oh," I respond, the realization dawning on me.

"Yes, be quick. He has the car already running," Luna Marley urges.

"Oh, okay," I murmur, feeling a surge of nervousness at the thought of being alone with Alex for longer.

I make my way out of the pack house, the sturdy wooden door closing behind me with a soft thud, and step into the crisp afternoon air. The front of the pack house is bathed in sunlight, casting long shadows across the gravel driveway where the waiting car and Alex await. The sleek BMW M8 gleams in the sunlight, its tinted windows obscuring Alex' figure until I pull open the passenger door. Stepping inside, I'm struck by the change in his demeanor. He no longer looks as pale as he did this morning, and warmth floods my heart at the sight of him looking better. However, a pang of sadness still lingers as his coldness towards me remains evident.

As he starts the engine, the car purring to life, we drive out of the pack estate in silence, the tension between us palpable. The unfamiliar scenery passes by in a blur as we make our way to the mall, the quiet only broken by the soft hum of the engine and the occasional sigh.

Arriving at the mall, we head towards the most expensive dress shop, my footsteps echoing against the polished floors. Though I want to voice my opinion that there's no need for such extravagance, I hesitate, sensing that my words will fall on deaf ears. Alex' demeanor gives no indication that my thoughts would matter to him.

As we step into the store, the luxury of the place hits me immediately. The soft glow of lights bathes racks of exquisite garments while plush floors cushion our footsteps as we venture further into the store. The scent of expensive perfumes fills the air, blending with the quiet murmurs of other people as they browse the luxurious offerings.

The store clerk's eyes light up with recognition as she spots Alex, a deferential smile crossing her lips as she hurries over to greet us. Her demeanor is one of utmost respect, a clear indication of Alex' status and influence within the country. She wastes no time in leading him to the back, where I can only assume lies the VIP section reserved for esteemed customers like him.

"Your dress is in fitting room 1," she says, her voice tinged with deference as she gestures towards the designated area.

"Oh... alright, thank you," I reply, offering a polite smile before making my way towards the fitting room. Alex remains behind, taking his seat on a pristine white couch, his demeanor calm and composed amidst the luxury surrounding him.

I step into the fitting room, expecting to find an array of elegant dresses waiting for me. However, a crease forms between my brows as I realize the only options are revealing dresses, their cuts and fabrics leaving little to the imagination.

"This must be a mistake," I mutter to myself, feeling a wave of discomfort wash over me at the sight of the overly exposed clothing.

Hesitating for a moment, I gather my courage and call out to Alex through the door.

"Um, Alex," I call out, my voice trembling slightly with uncertainty. "I... I can't wear this."

There's a brief pause before Alex responds, his tone betraying a hint of impatience.

"Just hurry up and try it on, Hannah," Alex replies curtly. "Or I'll come in there and put it on for you."

With a heavy sigh, I resign myself to the situation, knowing that arguing further would only delay the inevitable. Reluctantly, I begin to change into the garment that resembles more erotic lingerie than a dress, my discomfort growing with each moment.

As I step out of the fitting room feeling naked, it only worsens once Alex sets his eyes on me. He freezes momentarily, his gaze sweeping over me with an intensity that sends a shiver down my spine. I swallow hard, feeling exposed under his scrutiny. His eyes widen in surprise, a subtle hint of desire flickering behind his gaze before he composes himself. He carefully drops his glass of wine on the side table beside him, his movements controlled yet betraying a hint of agitation.

Alex strides toward me, his presence commanding the space around him. My heart races as he closes the distance between us, his eyes never leaving my body for even a second. I find myself unable to tear my gaze away from his, captivated by the raw intensity emanating from him.

He seizes my wrist the second he stands before me, his touch sending a jolt of electricity coursing through my veins. With a firm grip, he pulls me back into the fitting room, his movements swift yet controlled. The air crackles with tension as he backs me against the wall, pinning me with his body, his hands holding mine above my head.

"Why the fuck did you put on this dress?" His voice is low, intense, and filled with a raw emotion that sends a shiver down my spine. His hot breath fans my face as his gaze bores into mine, searching for answers.

My mind races as I struggle to find the right words, my heart pounding in my chest. The air between us crackles with an electric energy, the tension palpable. I can feel the heat of his body close to mine, his presence overwhelming yet undeniably magnetic.

As I meet his gaze, I see a myriad of emotions swirling in his eyes – desire and anger.

"I... I didn't know," I stammer, my voice barely above a whisper. "I thought... I thought it was what you wanted."

He just stares, anger slowly consuming the desire filling his eyes. I bite my bottom lips, praying he won't do anything to me.