𝟐𝟕 | 𝐘𝐨𝐮

Start from the beginning

"No prob."

I paused. "You didn't read it or anything did you?"

"No," Willie raised his hands. "I just saw it left on the table and I didn't want anyone to take it."

"Okay, cool," I exhaled. "Now, do you need help escaping from these snobs?"

Willie blinked twice. I knew what had to be done.

"Ah! My eye!" I exclaimed. "My ghostly, ghostly eye!"

"Oh my, let me help you with that!" Willie placed a hand on my back.

"Ah! My back!" I hollered. "Don't touch it, it's sensitive!"

"I'd better get you to a doctor," Willie said before turning to the guests. "Sorry, there's a bit of an emergency here. One of the other staff members will be happy to help you."

The guests failed to hide their discontent with being abandoned, but obviously my injuries were more important than whatever complaint they probably had about the decor. Willie guided me down the corridor and as soon as we were out of hearing range, we burst into laughter.

"Your eye?" Willie questioned. "That's the best you could come up with?"

"Well, it worked, didn't it?" I tried to catch my breath. "I think my sensitive back really sold it."

Once we had managed to calm ourselves down, we decided to head back to the party.

"So, if you don't mind me asking," Willie said. "What's in that notebook, anyway? Your deepest darkest secrets?"

"Something like that," I admitted. "But I suppose they aren't really that secret anymore."

Once we reached the main hall, we observed from the outside. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Some were dancing, some were laughing, most were chatting. My eyes wandered over to the table where the guys appeared to be stuffing their faces with food. I decided not to question it.

"Guys in bands, am I right?" Willie said, his eyes had wandered to the same table.

"Yeah," I sighed. "Wait, are you sure you didn't read my notebook?"

"Please," Willie laughed. "You and Luke have been googly-eyeing each other all night."

"You're one to talk," I teased.

"Guys in bands ... " Willie paused before turning to face me. "Hey, I think I have an idea."

"Oh yeah?"

"How good are you at learning choreo?"

———

When Caleb appeared onstage, Willie and I made our way over to the table.

"Oh my god, you guys missed it," Reggie said as we joined them. "There was food and we were able to eat it."

"I hope there weren't any hot dogs," Willie teased, smiling at Alex, who blushed in return.

The two of them were so cute that kittens would be jealous. I made the decision to avoid looking in Luke's direction for the rest of the night. It was probably for the best.

"I take it you're all enjoying the feast?" Caleb asked, his voice booming across the room. "So many delicious sights, so many tantalising sounds ... but your eyes still hunger for more. Something sweet."

Okay it wasn't my fault I looked at Luke that time. Caleb basically set me up for that one. Besides, it's not like Luke didn't look back. It was a very tense millisecond.