chapter six (part one) - the moment

Start from the beginning

"That's strange. Who's it addressed to?"

Fury reads out, "My dear Wanda, I love you more than anything, you are my world."

"Who's Wanda? That could be a lead." questions Hill.

"So this a murder investigation now?"

"Can't be so sure of that just yet, but it's a possibility."

Cycling down the rocky path was Natasha quickly trying to get to Wanda. What she hadn't expected was seeing an ever so familiar car driving towards her and eventually slowing down.

As Fury rolls the window down he questions, "Where you headed, kid?"

"I was just out for a ride," Natasha peers at the fluffy black cat that pops out behind him, "Misha? What are you doing Mish?"

She frantically drops her bike and tugs at the back door, letting Misha out. The cat, in recognition of a familiar person, weaves in and through Natasha's legs.

"You know the cat?" Fury ponders.

"Yeah! I mean yes, I was looking for her all morning, where'd you find her?"

"Up at Maximoff's place, any idea what she was doing out there?" He asks back, suspiciously.

Distracted by petting Misha, she stiffly responds, "No sir, we're always finding her in weird places."

This time Hill interjects, "I have never seen a cat up at your place."

"Well she's an inside cat.. And she's shy." Natasha hesitantly lies.

Fury and Hill, though, are able to tell Natasha is lying through her teeth, yet say nothing of it. They just look at each other in disbelief.

"You should put an address on that collar, alright? Next time she wanders off again, someone can bring her right to you." advises Hill.

"I will, thank you for finding her."

"No problem kid, stay safe on the road."

At that, Fury and Hill drive off with no other concerns, though making note to keep an eye on her.

"Let's get you back to your mama, she must be scared shitless." Natasha coos at the cat.

She picks her bike and carefully places Misha into the basket of her bike, before heading to Wanda's house even quicker than earlier.

At the house, Wanda hasn't stopped crying, now she's curled herself into bed as she picks at the bracelet she made with Natasha. Her mind was caught up in wondering why she pushed her away in the first place.

Though bringing her out of her misery was the sound of the door opening, which resurrects the fear back in her.

"Wanda? It's just me."

Natasha.

Wanda immediately jolts out of her bed, sort of in relief, she runs to see Misha settled beside Natasha's feet.

"Oh Misha," she whispers as she pulls Misha into her clutch, "I thought I was going to lose you, thank you." The last part she aimed at Natasha.

Natasha watches her find solace in Misha's presence again from a distance, too scared to make a movement, but still so happy to see her again.

"I saw the cops, they're not coming-" Wanda cuts her off with a much needed hug, "-back."

Wanda's arm wraps tightly around Natasha, eyes clenched closed as she buries her head deep into the crook of Natasha's embrace. Her sniffling becomes heavier as Natasha reciprocates the hug, and holds her hands around Wanda's waist.