Double Date?

Having made good time- mostly thanks to Dean's speeding- the hunters made it to Evansville well before sundown, giving them ample time to prepare for the night ahead. The Impala- who the Remingtons learned had indeed been christened "Baby" by Dean- purred idly when they pulled into the center of town. Dean killed the engine and turned around in his seat.

"Alright, here's the game-plan. There have been at least ten instances of people going missing in the club district," Dean explained. "As per usual, the cops have no leads. No witnesses."

Dean and Sam carried on together, explaining how the four of them were going to go to hit the clubs, paying close attention to the locals as they tried to catch any leads.

"You said your family taught you about vampires," Sam said. "So you'll know what to look for."

"But," Dean added as he lifted a cautionary finger. "You leave the rough stuff to us. If you see any suspicious shit, call it out. But stay out of danger. Got it?"

"Sure thing, daddy," Ryder spoke in a sarcastic tone.

Miles looked over at Ryder with surprise.

Dean cracked a grin. "Now, that's what I like to hear."

Ryder felt a warmth pooling in his stomach and quickly looked away from the playful glint in Dean's eyes.

"We should probably get some stuff to wear," Sam pointed out.

Ryder and Miles looked down at their t-shirts and jeans and agreed. It'd be hard to blend in with them being dressed so casually.

"Alright," Dean agreed. "Let's get some club clothes and a room. We'll get ready and arm ourselves and then hit the clubs."

The four of them went to the local mall where Ryder quickly learned that for all his knowledge of hunting demons, Dean was clueless in the world of fashion. Of course, Ryder wasn't much better; Miles always told him he dressed too "safe".

"Wow," Miles groaned when he saw what the Winchesters were wearing in the dressing room. "We've got work to do."

"What?" Sam and Dean asked in unison as they looked down at their clothes.

"You guys look like extras in Night at the Roxbury," Miles groaned.

"You're a bully," Dean accused.

"I mean, go ahead and wear it. See if it gets you laid," Miles said in a nonchalant voice.

Dean chuckled. "You two don't know me all that well, but I can assure you- getting laid is one thing I never have a problem with."

Ryder appraised Dean's reflections on the collection of mirrors and couldn't disagree- the man was clearly sex incarnate.

Miles looked over at Ryder, who stood propped up against the wall, his arms folded over his chest. "What about you, Ryder? You pick out an outfit?"

"Yup," Ryder confirmed, tapping the shopping bag hanging from his shoulder.

"You didn't even try it on," Miles sighed.

"I thought I'd avoid any of your scathing remarks about my fashion sense," Ryder fired back.

"You obviously don't want to get laid," Miles chuckled.

"I can't say it's at the top of my list of priorities," Ryder levelly replied.

There was a tiny lull in conversation before Dean shoved his hands in his pockets and shrugged. "I mean, it's at least in my top three."

Sam let out an exasperated sigh. "Let's just find something better to wear and go. We've got a lot of planning to do."