Chapter 2: Your Gorgeous Boy

Start from the beginning

He tried to push away these thoughts when he turned over in bed, and covered himself better, curling up again in search of sleep. Even though he was suspicious, at no point did he think about locking the door to protect himself.

Husk had a terrible night.

After leaving Angel's room feeling horrible and full of bad memories running around in his mind, he felt the need to drink something until he forgot about all his problems that he fought for so many years to forget and heal. Fortunately the feline was a little more self-aware than that and knew that drinking wouldn't solve his problems and would only temporarily keep them away. He went down to the kitchen and drank two almost full glasses of whiskey with ice. When he started to feel drowsy, he went back and threw himself on the bed, just waiting for his eyes to close and sleep to take him, but it never happened.
He spent the night awake without being able to sleep a wink.

At some point, the day began to brighten, and looking at the clock, he discovered it was 6:14 am. The feline sighed and got up, starting another day.

Gradually, sunbeams invaded Angel's room, persisting even after waking him up. He used his upper arms to rub his face while one of his remaining hands groped the bed for Fat Nuggets, without success. He stopped rubbing his eyes when he felt the cold metal touch his face, and then he saw the golden ring, forgotten until then. He reached his arm up, looking at the jewel, unable to avoid thinking about how his life had changed drastically. One day, he was stuck in the studio, forced to record all day, and the next, he was in the most famous casino in hell, with the Gambling Overlord himself putting a ring on his finger. He couldn't help but blush at this thought and then jumped up.

He finally started his day by doing his morning hygiene and went to the closet looking for clothes, dressed in a fluffy robe and a towel on his wet hair.
The room, which was now his, was not exaggeratedly large. His king-sized bed was near the window, which had floor-length curtains. In front of the bed, there was a television on the wall and right next to it, the door that led to the bathroom. To the right of the entrance door, there was a desk with a chair and a small lamp on top. On the opposite wall of the bathroom door, there was the closet door, which was medium in size and there was even a space for doing makeup.
Everything was exaggeratedly white.

He approached the few clothes there and noticed that they all matched the style he was used to wearing. They just seemed too expensive. He picked what seemed to be the simplest, a pink crop top - his favorite color - and a black pleated skirt. He put on his boots, took the towel off his head and, after fixing his hair, headed out into the hallway.

Angel Dust was still not used to the house, he hesitantly followed the hallway towards the stairs, wondering if Husk would be angry to see that he left the room, but then he concluded that he wouldn't. Husk wouldn't mind, he hoped.
Downstairs he followed a captivating scent to a room that turned out to be the kitchen. It was big and modern. There was an island with some stools and in front of it a long table with eight seats, which was full of the most different foods and drinks. He smiled in a mix of emotion, hunger and happiness and felt eager to eat a little of everything, and approached slowly without even noticing Husk sitting in one of the chairs.

- Good morning Angel. -He attracted the slender man's attention. - Did you sleep well? - Husk didn't truly care since he hadn't even slept, but he wanted to make the demon feel comfortable.

Angel remembered the night before and tried not to get upset, but he dropped his smile. - Good morning sir. I, um... after that I slept well. Thanks for.. waking me up.

- You don't have to call me that, you can call me Husk, you know. - He didn't know. - Anyway, I would do what I did with anyone. - Angel felt his stomach turn. - Sit down and eat, don't be shy, after all this is also your home.