Introduction

There comes a point in our lives where the reality just hits and it’s not like stubbing your pinky toe on a concrete wall, but like getting hit by a dump truck by the ocean and all of a sudden you're drowning and you don't know which way is up till you breathe, you’re risking everything with that one tiny little breath. The problem with most is that you know exactly what you have to do but it’s doing the thing that takes you to the next step in life in your chapter. When it comes to things like cutting people out of your life because they’re no longer good for you, making a drastic career change that may or may not work out, having kids and being scared of carrying down the family trauma that they will pass down the “Generational curse”. The truth is is we are all running from something, the person next door, our best friend, our parents maybe even ourselves and we have to find the thing that makes us suddenly okay and content with the path we are currently on, some of us get lucky with that while other..don’t some of us don’t. We are expecting our happily ever after but those only end in fairy tales and those only come in movies but if we really believed that, we would do everything in our power to be kind, in hopes that one day maybe, just maybe we will get ours, but yet we live life as if it’s promised so we are no longer kind to our neighbor not even ourselves. It’s only when our drip suddenly slows down is when we start to have all these regrets and try to make amends and as we’re trying to take back the words that was said, the thing that we have done suddenly there’s a hole in us full of nothing but little peace and regrets no matter what they are, they are there and it makes us wish we would have just been a little kinder to the people in our lives. 

There’s many truths in everyone’s story. They can be dark and gloomy, sunshine and rainbows, but there’s one thing that every truth has in common: it starts with sunshine and how it ends is up to you. We are born into a world where just a little that little bit is good, is the perfect thing, and throughout our lives we forget those feelings and become extremely negative. It messes with our mental, physical and emotional state. But after all this is A Dark Truth that people want to understand to try to help those struggling, when we try to give the advice to someone that is struggling, we can’t just just take it and run with it because of the fear of “what if” it's only when we let go of the what if and start believing in ourselves can we start anew and live the lives we want. Letting go is hard, fearing what comes next, disappointing people and not everyone gets that patience is key. 

Whatever the case may be, you're still here continuing on with life. It didn't kill you but make you stronger, life didn't beat you down till your final breath. The drip has continued on, something inside you made you keep going though you felt like giving up and you didn’t so what was that reason?  Do you know? Have you ever stopped to ask yourself that? In the end though it is easy for us to remember the bad things that have happened to us and forget all the good parts. Remember though nothing is forever here on planet earth people we love will die, our pets that made us not feel as empty will leave, we will go through hell trying to figure out where it went wrong some of us will never know the answer but we can try to figure it out. 

Continuing on is never easy but just in case no one has told you lately. To the person reading this book, I'm very proud of you. 

From birth we are introduced to 5 things Smell, Touch, Sight, Sound, and Taste. We have the safety, security we have everything we need the moment we are born. In life we experience the most beautiful parts of life. When we are kids though from the moment we learn to crawl we are learning the rules of the house with mom and dad when we get told “no” we go do something else and or cry,  then we learn sentences and talk by that time we are walking and when we get told “no” we start thinking its the end of the world, when we cant watch tv or draw even stay up late, our feeling tend to get hurt. But even as young kids we realize that it will be okay..we still got mom and dad at the end of the day. 

Tween and Teenagers get cocky thinking we know it all, they think we can do it all by themselves and that's the dangerous part of growing up they don't realize how easy they have it. We can't have that xbox, go over their friends house “I hate you mom/dad” “I’m gonna kill myself” “I wish you was dead” “I’m running away”. The sad part is that we all have thought those things, said them, or even tried some of them but we always came back. There’s another side to this story, one that for some reason everyone wants to have but to those who lived the other side of this story only know the truth, the truth is that there’s multiple sides. I guess you can say but it isn't picture perfect. It’s scary and dark, sad, depressing, gut-wrenching, to the point where you’ve hit an all time low and there isn't hope, no one to come home to, more or less care and the worst part is that you have people around whose only job is to make sure you don’t do something stupid like..take away your own life having those people in your life just makes your reality even worse, to know no one has your back but only you. What do we do when it’s just us? When we don’t have anywhere else to go, where do we go? When there is no more hope? When your story end before it even begins? When the drip finally stops? The thing in this moment is that we can't get anywhere,we can’t move, breathe, the calmness of sleeping is finally stripped away. Suddenly everything is worse now and there's no escape.

At last we can’t get the life we are destined to have, if we let life continuously drag us down. It’s so easy to fall into the negativity the devil has to offer but when we get there, we get comfortable. We don’t want to do anything to make a change in our lives, but one of the most important things we can do is give ourselves everything we need. We only have ourselves at the end of the day so why do we let ourselves go? Fall into that hold that swarms us with feeling that we are not worthy, that we are the worst thing that ever happened in our neighbors life. Depression is one of our worst enemies; it steals from us and others. With this we can’t seem to tell what is real and what isn't. Maybe we have the symptoms of depression and just pretending to fit in, relate, because your friends are doing it so you try to make sense of it all. It’s pushed so heavily nowadays doctors are almost willing to tell anyone that they have depression because it’s more money in their pocket. Social media will tell you to go get checked for depression if you have more than 3 of the symptoms listed, then we will scroll on TikTok and there it is feeling everything and start putting into our own lives all because this one person has it and now multiple people have it so we have to have it now, even if we have everything we could possibly need we still beg for more. If that’s the case the absolute thing we worry most is wanting more. You will never be content. We have to walk through fire and take care of it before we can even get close to the rainbow.