Chapter 1

Word Count: 2472
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey! Hang in there!" a doctor shouted, moving his arms in a rhythmic notation with two mothers and children surrounding him. "Don't die on me!"

As it turns out though, the rhythmic movements and shouting came from the doctor playing a video game.

"All right! Game clear!" the doctor cheered.

"Wow!!" the children around him cheered.

A nurse jogged her way out side and grabbed the doctor's ear while he cried, "Ow ow ow ow!"

"Dr. Hojo, it's time for your appointment!" the nurse scolded. 

"I'm so sorry! I forgot! I'll head over now!" the doctor, Hojo Emu, apologized and began running towards the hospital; only to trip over his own feet.

"Sheesh...we can't have a doctor hurting themselves!" the nurse cried out. "I know you're still an intern, but get a grip!"

"I'm sorry," Emu sighed, holding his bleeding nose.

***

"Is everything ready for the launch?" a man in a purple and black suit asked.

"Yes, Mr. CEO, only thing that's missing is you," a woman responded.

"Please, Ms. L/N, just call me Kuroto," the man smiled.

"Then, you can just call me Y/N," the woman retorted.

***

"Hm..." Emu sighed, looking at his computer. "No abnormalities from what I can see."

He turned around to look at his patient, "Your loss of appetite is most likely caused by excessive snacking, right?"

The patient turned to his mother before saying, "I haven't been eating any!"

"No wonder the snacks at home have been disappearing so quickly!" his mother sighed.

***

Somewhere on a rooftop, a man was playing on a handheld console while a green dragon like creature approached him.

"Infection complete," the creature said. "The numbers of our comrades will soon grow greatly."

"Hey, Graphite," the man said. "Can you believe this will all be ours to play with soon?"

The man smiled, "Isn't is so exciting?"

***

At the Ministry of Health building, the director was reading over files, "The genius gamer, nicknamed "M". His real name is unknown. He's won many tournaments in the past."

"If he's a genius gamer, he should be capable of using the Gamer Driver," a woman in a black and white suit explained.

"We already have a compatible user on his way back to Japan right now," the director explained. "Any other concerns?"

"No, sir," the woman trailed off.

The director stood up from his chair, "I can't let the tragedy that happened five years ago repeat itself."

Opening a briefcase, the director sighed, "The entire fate of humanity rest on this. As of today, CR is back in operation, Asuna."

***

Emu double checked his tablet before walking into a patients room. 

"Sota~" Emu was immediately hit in the face with a patient's shirt.