Leah Marcos - Part 2

Start from the beginning

...

"It's just a small test to see what grade level you'll do best in. And then Monday you can start school." You tell Leah. Elisabeth wrap a comforting arm around her.

"And don't worry. Liam will be by in a couple hours to pick you up." She tells her and you smile.

"Okay?" You ask getting down on her level.

"Mhm. Thank you." She says and hugs you before going into the school.

You smile after her and then turn to Elisabeth and Maddy.

"Awe. She's so cute." Maddy says and gives her mother a side hug.

"Remember your first day at school? You couldn't wait to get there." Elisabeth tells her.

"Yeah, I loved it. Not gonna lie." She says and you smile at the two, walking with them toward the clinic.

"That's my gal." Elisabeth says. "What about you Y/n, you enjoy school?"

You smile and chuckle, starting to tell them about your first day. None of you noticing Leah sneaking back out of the school.

...

Lima and Jim were walking when Mark saw them.

"I'll, uh, catch up with you." He tells the soldier he was with before running up to the two. "Mr. Shannon." He says to get Jims attention. "Sir, uh, i was hoping to talk to you about your daughter, Maddy."

"What about her?" Jim asks.

"Uh, well, as you know, I've begun the initial stages of courting Maddy-"

"I can't do this." Liam interrupts, trying to hold back his laugh and walks away. Jim gives him a pleading look but he just laughs and walk to stay at a distance.

"I was wondering if i could.." Mark says.

"Excuse me, Reynolds. You are aware that i carry a gun, have a quick temper and tend to hold grudges, right?" Jim asks.

"Shannon. Liam." Wash says coming up to them and glancing at Liam, who then walks back up to them. "We've had a break in at the McMillan place, Pod D-26. Let's move."

Liam and Jim go to follow but Jim gives Mark a look before turning. Liam turns with a smirk and shrugs.

...

"So, I've been at work all day. Came home and found the place broken into. And then this." McMillen shows them someone had dogged under the floor for something only a small empty room now, having contained something.

"What was inside?" Liam asks.

"I don't know. I didn't even know there was a hole here." He tells them.

"Could you give us a minute?" Wash asks him.

"Yeah, sure."

"Thanks.We need to find out who lived here before the McMillens." Jim says.

"See if they know anything about what was buried under the floor." Liam tells Wash.