Chapter Seven: Meeting the Jackson

Começar do início

The Jackson family were proud to say they perfectly abnormal thank you very much.

They were very unique family. With a heretic, two hybrids, and two tribrid children, they were truly the Heinz of supernatural families.

The mother, Abigail, was born in 1846 to the all-powerful Gemini Coven. She, along with her younger sister Harper were Siphoners. They were classified as abomination.

Valerie Tulle who had recently become a heretic and Shaw the two young girls dying of consumption, like so many before them. She could tell they were Siphoners like her, so she turned them. Abby was 24 and Harper was 20.

The first father, John, was born in 1969 to a human father, and werewolf mother. He triggered his curse when he was 16 after defending a boy and a girl who was about to be assaulted. He later fell in love with and eventually married Abigail and Vincent. He eventually became a hybrid thanks to his friend Grayson Gilbert.

The second father, Vincent, was born in 1969 to two werewolves. He triggered his curse when he was 17 after seeing an elderly couple who as about to be assaulted. He later fell in love  with and eventually married Abigail and Vincent. He eventually became a hybrid thanks to his good friend Katerina Petrova.

Their oldest child, Harmony, was a Siphoner like her mother and a werewolf like both of her dad's. She was turned by Niklaus Mikaelson, using the blood of his infant daughter Hope. When she died he unknowingly created a tribrid.

The youngest child, Derek, has the same exact story as his sister but instead of the being the age of 22 when she was turned, was barely 17. They were, of course, sired not to Klaus, but to Hope, although they believed it was Klaus.

They were currently in New York City, New York traveling through the woods. The children and their father's were in their wolf forms, running free, whilst the rest were walking behind them.

Hope and Grant had stopped in New York City, as they had now been 'on the run' for a while days, and wanted to stretch their legs. Hope had wandered off by herself, after assuring Grant that she would be she would be fine, and collapsed against the tree, breaking down in sobs.

How had her life come to this? She had left behind New Orleans and people she loved so she so could be free of the pain to begin with second born Mikaelson. 'Why is Astrid better in their eyes? Why am I not good enough?' Those questions ran rapid-fire through her head, soon she was hyperventilating.

The wolves heard the hyperventilating from a mile away and they were confused 'who would be out here all by themselves?' As quickly as the twin heard it, the others sped ahead to find the person who was clearly in the midst of a panic attack.

They was a heap of auburn hair leaning against a tree. Abigail could sense her power and it made him curious, but the girls sobbing and hyperventilating made him enter mama bear mode.

"Sweetie are you okay?" Abby asked as she and Harper walked towards the girl if she was a frightened animal. The auburn's head snapped up and looked at the two woman with tears running down her face.

Hope heard the question but it sounded like she was hearing them for underwater. She knew she was looking at the person who asked the question but couldn't find his voice to answer so instead she shook her head no.

The youngest Mikaelson heir felt something trying to crawl between the space where she had hunched over and was met with the face of a blond with blue eyes. It whined at her and laid its head against her chest.

Abigail watched her son some try to comfort and calm the girl down but noticed it wasn't working. She sped over to calm down the girl and sat there, telling her that she was okay.

"Why is it always her? Why is it never me? Why is always Astrid?" She cried.

Abigail and Harper's undead hearts broke. Soon another wolf came upon to comfort, Abigail noticing that it was Harmony.

"Can you tell me your name?" Harper asked the auburn.

"Hope. Hope Andrea." She said but they knew she didn't give a last.

"Do you have a last name?" Abigail pressed and felt the girl tense under her hand on her shoulder.

"You'll run when you hear it. Plus they don't care about me, only a few." Hope told the man with innocent eyes.

"We won't run. I promise." Harper assured and the girl sighed.

"My last name is Mikaelson." She whispered but due to vampires hearing they heard. They couldn't help look of surprise on their faces.

Grant was watching from a distance, ready for the moment to defend the girl. The two wolf who hadn't gone to the girl, John and Vincent had drifted over to Grant and shifted back to their human forms. Grant immediately chuckled him his jacket, so he could cover-up.

"Is she really?" Vincent asked the young boy, he nodded in response.

"Klaus and Hayley, well the whole lot of them could really care less, except for Elijah, his brother Kol, Kol's wife Davina, a wolf named Keelin, and Marcel Gerard. We had to get her out of New Orleans. She was spiraling." Grant explained knowing that the vampire and two still shifted wolves were listening intently.

"Do you have somewhere to stay?" Abigail asked concerned for the two teenagers even though Grant was a good century old.

"No. We were just gonna stay for a couple of hours, but H seems to like it here." Grant started.

"You can stay with us." John offered, feeling protective of them.

As the two of them began to protest, not wanting to be burdens, they immediately stopped seeing the motherly look on Abigail's face.

"You're staying with us and that's final." She decided and the two nodded.

The two wolves walked with Hope in between them. The auburn was no longer crying but she had a smile on her face as the two wolves kept nudging her.

The three walked ahead so the blonde drifted behind with the adults and explained more about why they had left.

"For her entire life, she was always second best in the eyes of those who should have encouraged her. Six people over the course of her entire life have cared about her. Four of them stayed in New Orleans, and I'm the other one. She's hesitant to let people in. For sixteen years it's always been Astrid first." Grant elaborated.

"She needs a family. I mean, she has me, but I'm her best friends. She needs people who care and can be there for her. Those who she left behind in New Orleans, weren't worthy of her. The ones she cared about there were the only family she ever had but is realizing she most likely won't see them for a long time. She's going to let you in, albeit hesitantly, and it will take time. Don't give up on her, and she won't give up on you." Grant finished.

The three Jackson's and the Wright sisters took another look at the auburn girl with the dark brown eye and the small smile on her face as she walked with the wolves, and knew. They knew that she and the boy would become a part of their family.

And they were completely okay with that.