twenty nine

Taylor's POV

The building Harry called home didn't look like a place I'd personally call home. It looked like mayhem. It looked like all I contained was rush and problems and issues. No tranquil. No signs of peace and calm. Just a bunch of people rushing in and out of rooms. 

Apparently, it was a detective agency. Harry, along with rest of the boys, work in a detective agency.

"We solve crimes and we go on missions that will hopefully solve problems, similar to a police center, but less public. We're pretty private, we don't accept calls like nine-one-one, we get calls from the police themselves to request an activation for a certain investigation to figure out criminals and so on," Harry describes.

It's a pretty cool but horrible job if you ask me. It involves bravery and risking lives to save lives, so I'd much prefer to be typing in a quiet room full of other people sipping their coffee as I fulfil peoples dreams of publishing a book.

The whole building is behind the woods. A lake lurks behind it and it's a pretty deep drive down the forest. No one would stumble upon it unless they went on a seven day hike, which is unlikely to happen.

The entrance involves a finger scan, an oral password, morse code and a body scan. The security levels of this building was on a high extent and I wouldn't blame them for that since their job is quite terrifying.

"Harry, we'll be in the lounge for a drink if you wanna meet up there, but show her around and we'll talk later, a'ight," Nialls thick accent calls out and the rest of the boys separate their ways from us after receiving a simple nod from Harry.

"You're the pack leader huh?" I ask, smirking and getting a grin in return.

"Yes, indeed," He smiles.

"Impressive. What's that?" I point to the left hallway, showing a pitch black room with little holes of light shining through.

"That's a training room for combat. It's basically a sort of four dimensional screen in which takes you to another dimension and gives you a feeling of being on an actual mission to get you worked up for one in the real world," He answers, biting his lip and his eyes staring back at me as I slowly nod at the response.

"It's a hella interesting place, I must say," I comment, looking around at the white walls that contained such a small amount of windows, I began to wonder where they absorb the natural winds from the Earth.

"I get that a lot."

As the tour comes to a conclusion, we head to the elevator, this is when I start to realize how tall this building actually is. The tallest floor is the sixty second, not including the rooftop.

"Where's your room?" I question, looking at all the buttons, and back at him.

"Sixty two." 

His fingers tap on the single button on the very top panel and the elevator escalates up faster than I expected. Within seconds the click of the elevator signals we've arrived at the sixty second floor.

And his room was classy and fancy, I couldn't imagine someone like Harry keeping his room this tidy. It had a small, thin chandelier hanging from the ceiling and the color of the room was rather neutral, which made it look dull and blank. 

"You tired?" His voice becomes raspy - I nod in response and he smiles at me.

The silence becomes louder as he steps forward, his face getting closer and closer to mine. My breathing pace starts fastening and I can feel my heartbeat getting abruptly louder.

However, my eye and vision caught something weird. A mirror. No - it was a simple mirror, but the reflection wasn't me. I didn't see the blonde girl with the long hair anymore. It was at least four inches shorter and that shocked me.

"Shit," I let out a gasp as I stepped forward to have a clearer vision of myself. And then it was confirmed. My hair was cut in the most unpleasant way. It didn't even look like the blades were the ones that snipped it in half, it looked like it was torn in half by a huge force that broke every single healthy cell in my hair.

"Oh no," I start to worry, but Harry manages to calm me down. He runs his huge fingers through the strands of my ugly uneven hair and stares at me through the mirror.

"It's alright, baby," He whispers.

It wasn't a secret, or something that was better off not known by anyone. But it was something that was intended to be whispered and that did something to me. That made my knees budge and weaken itself. That made me want him to hold me in his arms and just feel safe. And I know that he knows that it does something to me. But I try my best not to let that become present.

"It's gone," I say as I feel the dry strand of hair that landed just below the start of my back.

"You're still beautiful," Harry says and he does it again. This time more forcefully. His lips slightly swipe my neck and I let out a sigh, just by that one touch.

"I thought I was the annoying girl who tried to get to know her next door apartment neighbour, but it turns out to be incorrect?" I smirk at him, fully turning to him now.

"Minds change like the seasons," He smiles and without further ado. I kiss him. 

With everything I have, I press my lips against his and it felt like something that has been waiting to be accomplished. It felt like lost puzzle piece has just been found.

His lips worked together with mine as our hands do something else. His hands slowly slither around my waistline and mine went to his neck instinctively.

I can feel the warmth in his lips and I felt every single inch, from his tongue to the tip of his lips. And it felt like anything I've ever felt before. Nothing would be comparable.

This was our very first moment. Without interruptions, just the sound of silence and our lips moving along is synch.

Suddenly, his lips parted from mine and instead of our lips, our eyes met, his hands still lay on top of my hips and mine just gently touching his neck.

And something I never expected to see became strangely, the highlight of my entire life.

His eyes started to water and I can see every single beautiful detail eyes ever consisted of. 

"I'm sorry," He puts his face on the crook of my neck and I start to sob.

"It's alright."

I knew right away what he  was apologising about. He was sorry for dragging me into this. He was sorry for involving me into this issue. He was sorry for making my life more riskier than it should be. But I mean it when I said it was fine. Because I'd do it all again. I'd go through all that terror and horror just to meet someone like him.

"What matters is that I met you," I say to him, "Meeting you has been the most luckiest thing I've been through and I cannot be thankful enough for that."

A smile tucks at the corner of his lips.

"I'll swear I'll protect you, I just don't want to lose you anymore," Harry says, his voice breaking on some syllables. 

"You won't," I reassure him, running my fingers through his hair.

"I know I couldn't keep you safe yesterday and the day before and I'm so sorry, baby," He squeezes at the sides of my shirt and my heart aches.

"You're not gonna lose me, Harry," I breathe as my hands stroke his back.

"I want you to be by my side, you know that?" He says, looking at me again.

"I do. And I will be by your side and you know it."

"Always?"

"Always."