"I was still his." I reply defensively, not appreciating Dom's tone.

Theo looks at me proudly. "I didn't like having labels at the time. That was my bad, but she stuck through it."

"Sounds like you're hard work to me." Dom states bluntly, what's wrong with him? His girlfriend is right there.

Theo directs his eyes to Dom and narrows them. "Yeah, to you." 

I glance at Emilia, who is oblivious to the tension at the table. Looks like I need to try and save this.

"It wasn't hard at all. It was totally worth it." I say as I hold Theo's hand that's resting on top of the table.

Dom glances at our hands and utters. "Hmm." He then shifts his eyes back to me, studying me and making me feel uncomfortable.

"Anyways, Emilia, you said you've been living with Dom's family for a while. How long was that?" Theo investigates. I'm not surprised. It is his little sister.

"It was for a few years, like two, I think." Emilia replies whilst looking at Dom for confirmation.

"So you were 16 and he was 20?" Theo removes his hand from mine and brings it to his forehead, acting like he's in thought. After a moment, he lowers his hand. "Ah, I get it now. You need to say you've been dating for six months to stay out of jail, right?" Theo declares to Dom with a smirk, clearly implying something.

Everyone's eyes widen in disbelief at how Theo has just said that. I glance at Dom, who looks furious.

"Yo, relax! I'm just messing." Theo begins to laugh without anyone joining at first. I start to fake laugh with him to back my man. Emilia joins in, but Dom doesn't. 

He gives Theo a death stare before turning his intense gaze towards me, locking eyes for what seems like an eternity until he finally breaks contact.

When the laughs stop, the table fills with an awkward silence.

"Oh, come on, man. Can't you take a joke?" Theo breaks the silence.

"If imagining your underage sister getting fucked is what makes you laugh, then you need to get your head checked." Dom spits out.

My mouth hangs open in shock.

I look at Theo, who's clenching his jaw with anger. Shall I hold his hand? I don't want to trigger him more. It's not like he's been the calmest person in the world lately. 

A big smile masks up the anger on his face. "Nah, that's fucked man. Look, I'm sorry. Let's restart." He calmly suggests.

Woah. I'm genuinely surprised how he handled that.

Dom also looks surprised but then nods his head. "Alright, man."

Finally, all of the tension at the table has lifted.

As the night continues, I find myself barely speaking in the group as I allow the others to talk amongst themselves. Even though Dom seems to have a mood, he still engages in the conversations.

As I'm opposite Dom, I find myself looking at him in more detail. Wow, he really is beautiful. It feels so wrong, but I can't help but admire how hot he is. Emilia doesn't even suit being with him. He can do better. I keep thinking about when I was having sex with him. At that time, I didn't like that he was being so rough with me. But why am I itching to experience it again?  When I think about what he did, I feel butterflies. It's pulling me in. I don't care that Theo is next to me. I want to feel Dom again.

Theo's hand on my thigh pulls me out of my thoughts. He gives me the kindest smile, and my heart instantly drops. What am I thinking? I have the most perfect man by my side, yet I'm looking at another who isn't even available. I smile back at Theo as I intertwine my hand with his.