C179: Wang Chong's Sworn Brother!

Start from the beginning

“Hehe, Her Highness has just been inducted into the palace and conferred as a consort, but Wang Chong has yet to congratulate her yet. I’ll write another poem for her as a gift then.”

Wang Chong suddenly said. Since he had already written down the 《Song of Purity and Peace 2》, he might as well write the 《Song of Purity and Peace 3》 too.

“Good! Good! Good! That’ll be for the best. Her Highness will be delighted.”

Yang Zhao’s eyes lit up and he immediately clapped in encouragement.

This was not flattery. Only those within the palace knew how much Her Highness was fond of poems. Despite Wang Chong’s squiggly words in the first letter, she still kept it by her side at all times, valuing it as though treasure, taking it out every day to look at it.

She would definitely be overjoyed to see two poems from Wang Chong at a single go.

On top of that, Wang Chong’s poems were not ordinary. Perhaps Wang Chong himself was unaware of it but his poems possessed great power. Take for example the poem he wrote the previous time, it crafted Her Highness’s name as the number one beauty in the palace.

If he could write a few more of such poems, wouldn’t that help Her Highness to stabilize her standing in the royal court? If Her Highness’s standing becomes stable, so would his.

Yang Zhao still understood this kind of basic concept.

“He is indeed a great person!”

Seeing Wang Chong lift his brush, Yang Zhao couldn’t help but feel agitated.

On the other hand, seated behind the study table, Wang Chong lifted his brush, and without any hesitation, he began writing the 《Song of Purity and Peace 3》.

Compared to the 《Song of Purity and Peace 2》, which was filled with contention and nearly caused Li Bai’s head to be lopped off, this poem was much more peaceful.

However, there was a specific order to the three poems of the Song of Purity and Peace.

Without the second poem, Wang Chong dared not to take out the third one.

“Consort Taizhen is already conferred as a consort at this point, so the 《Song of Purity and Peace 3》 fits the context well.”

Wang Chong thought as he started writing.

“The queen of flowers and all forsaking beauty are befitting company of jollity.”

The words were squiggly, but somehow, there was a refreshing grace to it, bringing out very unique aesthetics. Without any hesitation, Wang Chong continued on.

“That often has the smiling Emperor happily look on.”

“Released into infinite spring breezes are his countless worries.”

“Together they recline against the northern balustrade of the Aloewood Pavilion.”

Finishing the four lines of forty-two words, Wang Chong felt as though he was relieved of a heavy burden.

“I heard that the Aloewood Pavilion within the palace is extremely beautiful. Lord Yang, you should advise Her Highness to visit there occasionally to savor the scenery when she has time.”

After finishing those words, Wang Chong picked up the two papers and passed it over to Yang Zhao.

“Thank you!”

Yang Zhao hurriedly took them and rolled them up carefully before keeping them in his sleeves.

“Wang gongzi is indeed a man of great talents. You are capable in both business and academics. On top of that, you have King Song’s trust and the protection of the hundreds of officials. I hope that we can interact more in the future.”